Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which manager is next for the sack?

Next manager to be sacked

• Ronald Koeman

Votes: 124 56.9%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • Roy Hodgson

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 18 8.3%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hodgson.

“The club would like to thank Roy for his efforts and helping out at short notice when we knee jerk sacked Frank after five minutes. We have decided to take a different direction, with Dougie and Brightie leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of a manager who can take us to the next level .... 19th”.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Hodgson.

“The club would like to thank Roy for his efforts and helping out at short notice when we knee jerk sacked Frank after five minutes. We have decided to take a different direction, with Dougie and Brightie leaving no stone unturned in the pursuit of a manager who can take us to the next level .... 19th”.

After tonight, I wouldn't be surprised - they just keep on giving don't they :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Now we have got to the EPL they are going out of the way to take the limelight away from us by breaking all these records and getting battered by average lower league teams. Shameful shenanigans, can they stoop any lower? Harry for manager?

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Listening to Ian Wright on SKY The Debate tonight clearly hinting that the only logical reason Hughton is not being mentioned for the vacancies at Everton or Leicester is because of his skin colour.
Have to say he possibly has a point.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Listening to Ian Wright on SKY The Debate tonight clearly hinting that the only logical reason Hughton is not being mentioned for the vacancies at Everton or Leicester is because of his skin colour.

Can't believe people are still talking about this. Ridiculous.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I don't buy it. I think it's because he's lazily stigmatised as a flop in the PL with a boring style. Though that makes it odd that Puel would be favourite for Leicester.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
After tonight, I wouldn't be surprised - they just keep on giving don't they :lolol:

If Roy is the next to go it would be absolutely hysterical.

I think I saw on the BBC rumours page about 3 weeks before FDB went that the Sun were reporting that Roy was being lined up to replace him. We will never know what the board's expectations were when Roy was appointed, and let's not forget they had 3 very tough games lined up, but I suspect they hoped for a much better start than this.

If the penny drops that Roy is not the man, can you imagine the exchanges in the board room? Probably less intelligent than this:

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Crystal Palace v West Ham this weekend. If the unthinkable happens and Palace somehow scrape their second win, Bilic is surely on his bike......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Smellhurst have played a very strong line up of their PL names.

Shocking result on the cards.

Hodgson never lets you down.

All for digs at Palace, but simply not true.

They made TEN changes from Saturday's Prem match - a mistake for me. Surely in their current state ANY win is a valuable building block?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Crystal Palace v West Ham this weekend. If the unthinkable happens and Palace somehow scrape their second win, Bilic is surely on his bike......

I wonder why it seems Bilic is under more pressure than Mark Hughes seems to be, both identical records, both similar sort of spending? Hughes you would think will be safe for a while yet, but Bilic appears to be on a knife edge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One would assume that Billic moves towards the sack with a defeat tonight but even taking into account Spurs will select a weakened team they will be expected to win and you would think that Gold and Sullivan will expect that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Bilic has been on a knife-edge for months now, but he always seems to get a result just when he REALLY needs one. So in that respect, I'm hopeful he'll get another stay of execution after chiselling out a point or 3 at Selhurst.

Losing to Palace though - that really should be the final straw you would think. I'm not sure he could survive that.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All for digs at Palace, but simply not true.

They made TEN changes from Saturday's Prem match - a mistake for me. Surely in their current state ANY win is a valuable building block?

I never said they hadn't made changes from Saturday, just it was very strong line up.

Hennessey
Fosu-Mensah
Kelly
Van Aanholt
Tomkins
Puncheon
Riedewald
Lee
Loftus-Cheek
Sako

There are many hundreds of PL appearances in that lot, players on huge wages and Riedewald played the last four seasons for Ajax. Contrast to a Championship team not based on parachute money.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I wonder why it seems Bilic is under more pressure than Mark Hughes seems to be, both identical records, both similar sort of spending? Hughes you would think will be safe for a while yet, but Bilic appears to be on a knife edge.

Not my impression, especially as Bilic handed Hughes c£28m for Arnautovic. West Ham took on high earners too, such as Hernandez (whose transfer fee was comparatively low, but is rumoured to be on £140k/week) and Hart.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
It's usually around Christmas/New Year when there is a PL managerial cull....early this year. Hughes will be in trouble if they mess up the next two Watford (a), Leicester (h).

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Dyche may leave but I am happy that the Burnley owners did not panic in 2014/15 when after 10 games of the PL season we had a record of W0 D4 L6 . Goals for5 Goals against 19.

Dyche got a good response for the rest of the season with 29 points from the remaining 28 games and I reckon would have kept us up if Dean Marney had not suffered a season-ending injury in February just four days after the transfer window shut.

Dyche was given more time and got us back up as champions the following season on the back of a 23-match unbeaten run. I'd expect Huddersfield to do something similar if they go straight back down. You will most likely stay up this seasom but would Hughton - older than Dyche or Wagner - be UP for the chance of an immediate return?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here