Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which manager is next for the sack?

Next manager to be sacked

• Ronald Koeman

Votes: 124 56.9%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • Roy Hodgson

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 18 8.3%

• Total voters

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
As we wandered happily into the East London night on Friday, [MENTION=189]Wozza[/MENTION] told [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and I that Newham Council take all profits from the concessions at the stadium.

Aye. Can't find full details in writing, but this (from last month) alludes to it:

A council spokesman added the retractable seating had been “too labour intensive to move” between athletics and football events, while food and beverage funds from West Ham United matches needed to be higher.

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/new...writing-off-40m-london-stadium-loan-1-5186998

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Fair enough and I'm not knocking your view at all but the Brighton fans I know all love the bloke to bits. Also, I'm going to disagree and it's just my opinion but I think he does show emotion and genuine charisma and I find his shyness very endearing, his humility and fairness refreshing. As you say we're in the very fortunate and rare position of having a true fan as owner so Bloom will always win a popularity contest against any manager but I still think there's genuine deep affection for Hughton across our fanbase.

Totally agree. Just because he doesn't crowd surf after every goal doesn't mean most supporters don't have affection for the guy. Most actually prefer his demeanour than an "in your face" types.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Aye. Can't find full details in writing, but this (from last month) alludes to it:

A council spokesman added the retractable seating had been “too labour intensive to move” between athletics and football events, while food and beverage funds from West Ham United matches needed to be higher.

http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/new...writing-off-40m-london-stadium-loan-1-5186998

Meanwhile West Ham hardly pay a thing. I wonder if all the food outlets have to pay for a pitch or part of their profits.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I have to say this.I don’t think we have taken Hughton to our hearts.Yes he has done something that only 1 other Brighton Manager has done & will forever be remembered for doing it but I think his
lack of emotion & personality makes it hard for fans to feel love for him.
If you asked any Albion fan who they loved more Tony Bloom or Chris Hughton we all know what the answer would be.
There are not many other EPL teams that would say the same.
I’m not trying to put Chris Hughton down It’s just the way I think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting view. I don’t agree. I absolutely love his humility, professionalism, lack of blaming anyone else when things go wrong, understated celebrations (you can still see what he is really thinking) and just the way he conducts himself in such an exemplary fashion, 100% of the time. He’s also demonstrating he’s a brilliant tactician (look at the least 3 seasons).

I genuinely would not swap him for any other manager in world football. Right man, right club, right time.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
hasnt Billic been given 2 game so to save his job he has to beat a weakened Spurs in the cup and CPFC I would say he will get 1 out of 2 right

Not according to the interview David Sullivan had with Sky before Friday nights game, he said Billic was there till the end of the season and they’d review the situation then when his contract is up. I’m sure things will change but I expect them to stick with Billic for a while yet much to the annoyance of their fans.

When Sullivan owned Birmingham they only had 4 or 5 permanent manager in the 16 years they owned the club. Since taking over at West Ham they only sacked Avram Grant after relegation, Big Sam left at the end of his contract and since then they’ve had Billic. As much as I can’t stand Sullivan and Gold they don’t have a history for sacking managers.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I haven't been keeping an eye on their results, but have Birmingham won their last ten on the trot by a five goal margin? If not, I can see those renowned football experts Ten Trillion Twits Asia getting a bit twitchy and sacking everybody in sight.

Birmingham City: a club that shows us how lucky we are to be owned by TB.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have to say this.I don’t think we have taken Hughton to our hearts.Yes he has done something that only 1 other Brighton Manager has done & will forever be remembered for doing it but I think his
If you asked any Albion fan who they loved more Tony Bloom or Chris Hughton we all know what the answer would be.

Sorry, but also have to disagree.
CH will always be in the hearts of Albion fans, whether he's here in the future or not.
He's done a marvellous job in getting us to where we belong under limited restraints.
Tony Bloom is like the proverbial Brighton rock, his name is in the heart of everything you see in the Albion domain :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What about a cheeky long odds bet on Conte? There have already been rumours about fall outs there over the close season, they've lost Morata and struggled to score, and are the only team in England to let Crystal Palace score a league goal this season.

Guys like him and Benitez are occasionally worth a punt, due to their notably fractious relationships with their respective boards.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can see Bilic lasting.

Sullivan/Gold don't like payouts (Sullivan in his SSN interview said he keeps managers because he's moral person :lolol:)

Also, they weren't shite on Friday, until our goals and defence destroyed their morale.

Koeman must be close?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I love CH's style and genuine persona. Perfect for us.

A pleasant contrast to the politicking, barely veiled threats and whinging of Poyet.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
I’m sure I read that Bilic only has a contract until the end of the season.

As such any compensation would be pretty minimal and not a reason to keep him on.

According to reports it's £2.5m. Small change when you consider how much there revenue would be affected of relegation did happen. Poor result against Palace and can see an 'amicable' parting happening.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
WEDNESDAY 29TH NOVEMBER

Everton v West Ham

But before that Stoke visit the Amex, so I said Hughes.

Palace have to play all three of them quite quickly.

They might have to wait until summer to tap up the new managers.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to reports it's £2.5m. Small change when you consider how much there revenue would be affected of relegation did happen. Poor result against Palace and can see an 'amicable' parting happening.

But it's still only October. If they, or any other struggling club, are still in a mess as the January transfer window nears, I can see some sackings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here