Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which manager is next for the sack?

Next manager to be sacked

• Ronald Koeman

Votes: 124 56.9%
  • Slaven Bilic

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Mark Hughes

Votes: 24 11.0%
  • Roy Hodgson

Votes: 14 6.4%
  • A.N. Other

Votes: 18 8.3%

• Total voters

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I have to say this.I don’t think we have taken Hughton to our hearts.Yes he has done something that only 1 other Brighton Manager has done & will forever be remembered for doing it but I think his
lack of emotion & personality makes it hard for fans to feel love for him.
If you asked any Albion fan who they loved more Tony Bloom or Chris Hughton we all know what the answer would be.
There are not many other EPL teams that would say the same.
I’m not trying to put Chris Hughton down It’s just the way I think it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know anyone else who feels that way.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Carlos Carvalhal, 16th place after 13 games when they should really be top 4 in the PL is not good enough, must go now!
Can't afford to sack him according to some Wedslol fans I've spoken to. Happy days!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's not been v.successful but I reckon there's still a lot of love for him from the Liverpool fans. The Liverpool fans seem to have taken him to their hearts
Ok.
in the same way that we have with Hughton.
No.

I'd guess Hughton is most Brighton fans favourite ever manager.

I don't know much about Liverpool, I'm prepared to be corrected.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I have to say this.I don’t think we have taken Hughton to our hearts.Yes he has done something that only 1 other Brighton Manager has done & will forever be remembered for doing it but I think his
If you asked any Albion fan who they loved more Tony Bloom or Chris Hughton we all know what the answer would be.

Absolute rubbish IMO. You can't compare CH to Bloom - two completely different things. If he left now, he would go down as a legend for the club to most people (legend is not word I use easily).

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I do not feel like that at all. I regard him as highly as Mullery and I will always love Mullery. In fact, I would say that given the modern day demands of the championship and premier league, I think Hughton is a better manager. Mullers was always so inspirational, the complete opposite of Hughton but Hughton is so dedicated and so professional and his attention to detail is amazing. I love the bloke.

BTW it's not fair to compare the chairman with the manager.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Don't think Klopp will go. Read an interesting thing about the way that the owners tend to operate and why they brought him in as a perfect fit.

It's long term, getting the financial structure, youth development etc sorted first and build from there. JK is also that type of manger. Backs himself to improve players over time.

No idea if it'll work but I can't see em giving him the push if that's the case.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Well, next on the block are Hughes, Klopp, Bilic, Hodgson, Pulis, Wenger, Clement. I imagine everyone else is safe for now - although how bad could it get for Bournemouth before they sack Eddie Howe?

I'd be surprised if either Klopp and Wenger were dumped early in the season, but the availability of Carlos Ancelotti could encourage them to act.

Bilic I think will see it out. Hughes and Clement are my picks - Hodgson by Christmas if they stay rooted to the bottom

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I can't think of any manager who has been held in higher esteem by the fans than Chris Hughton, and I've been watching since Archie Macauley.

I think the support he has here amongst the fans would last probably, for as much as six defeats on the trot, whereas others might only get four defeats.

Not a lot really is it ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't think Klopp will go. Read an interesting thing about the way that the owners tend to operate and why they brought him in as a perfect fit.

It's long term, getting the financial structure, youth development etc sorted first and build from there. JK is also that type of manger. Backs himself to improve players over time.

No idea if it'll work but I can't see em giving him the push if that's the case.

He won’t be sacked. The club (as with us, several people are involved in transfers) have failed over five years to sign class defenders and a goalie, other than Clyne who is a longterm absentee. They still have Rodgers shocking defence.

Hughes, Pulis, Bilic, Hodgson, Clement, Conte are all vulnerable right now.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I can't think of any manager who has been held in higher esteem by the fans than Chris Hughton, and I've been watching since Archie Macauley.

I think the support he has here amongst the fans would last probably, for as much as six defeats on the trot, whereas others might only get four defeats.

Not a lot really is it ?

I would hope that even if we had a Palace-esque run of bad form that relegates us that Brighton fans would still back him as manager. And lets face it, if that did happen we'd be back in the Championship and looking for a manager with a proven track record in that division to get us back up and I think I'm right in saying that Hughton is the most successful second tier manager in recent history.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I would hope that even if we had a Palace-esque run of bad form that relegates us that Brighton fans would still back him as manager. And lets face it, if that did happen we'd be back in the Championship and looking for a manager with a proven track record in that division to get us back up and I think I'm right in saying that Hughton is the most successful second tier manager in recent history.

You’re spot on.

A relegation would be put down to a lack of striker purchases, with CH having worked wonders with the tools at his disposal.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Spot on although it is interesting to hear people mentioning Klopp in the same breath as Hughes and Bilic now. I honestly hadn't considered the thought.

From what I can tell on social media, the fans of WBA and Bournemouth are getting fed up. I don't think Liverpool or West Ham will pull the trigger just yet. Clement I think is next now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From what I can tell on social media, the fans of WBA and Bournemouth are getting fed up. I don't think Liverpool or West Ham will pull the trigger just yet. Clement I think is next now.

Just yet, Klopp?

The disgruntled fans are blaming the owners for not buying decent defenders. Klopp has a similar roll on transfers to Hughton. Neither are autocratic figures in the way that Fergie and Wenger controlled/control all transfer matters.

Clement, I think you’re spot on. He talks the talk, but watching MOTD away teams are ripping them to shreds for 90 minutes.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

Kind of feel a bit sorry for Clement, having sold their best two attacking options without adequately replacing either.
Hughes, Howe or Bilic for me. Followed not to distantly by Hodgson who should keep the filth comfortably rock bottom until the end of the year.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Bonkers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here