Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton to West Ham?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ah, ok! Didn't know that. But at least he's still within an hour of what I assume to be his extended family (parents etc) in London. Stoke, on the other hand, is a long way off.

His parents still live in the Upton Park area and he has kept the former family house just north of the M25 in Hertfordshire. So that would be handy for the new Spurs training ground but, as has been said, no chance atm.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
From The Argus after receiving the freedom of the city..............

Mr Hughton thanked the city for warmly welcoming him and his family.
He said: “Ninety-nine per cent of my life is about football but its also about family life and living.
“I thoroughly enjoy living in Brighton and Hove, it’s a great bargaining power for the club.

Ho hum................Chris you don't know what you're talking about

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I would be very surprised if he were to be tempted away. H'e got a long-term job with a very supportive Chair etc etc etc. Why go anywhere else.

I also think he might be too sensible to just go for "silly Money".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I would be very surprised if he were to be tempted away. H'e got a long-term job with a very supportive Chair etc etc etc. Why go anywhere else.

I also think he might be too sensible to just go for "silly Money".

My thoughts too. I've no idea what sort of wages he's on at the Albion, but I do suspect it's what would probably seem to most of us like something close to a lottery win!

taz

Feb 18, 2015
The republic of Ireland job I think would tempt him away,, but don't think it be vacant anytime soon !!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The republic of Ireland job I think would tempt him away,, but don't think it be vacant anytime soon !!

Really? A short chat with with his best pal Mick will quickly enlighten him to the difficulties of not being seen as Irish enough (and I’m talking about his accent and where he was born, bred and raised; nothing else).

However, I do believe he’ll be in line for the England job along with Smug & the Ginger Dalek once Southgate steers us out of the World Cup in the first round.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
My thoughts too. I've no idea what sort of wages he's on at the Albion, but I do suspect it's what would probably seem to most of us like something close to a lottery win!
Whatever the figure may be, he deserves every single penny.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No problem with that. My point is that he's probably got to the point where he really doesn't need any more money. Not that he couldn't be tempted, of course.
I agree entirely.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
My money would be on CH becoming a target for the FA for the England job after we bomb in Russia next year. Whether he’d be interested is another thing but he would be an ideal fit for the job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here