Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tickets remaining for Stoke

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Over a thousand left at fifteen quid ticket and travel.

Gonna look embarrassing on tv

Makes you wonder why there are allegedly thousands on the waiting list if they don't do night games

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Strange comment. We are already taking more home fans to this than any fixture this season.

So far we have filled S1F(c700), S1E(c700) and are starting with S1D, over and above our usual room for home support (c27.5k). That's almost 6k in ticket sales above our ST base.

Depending on how many of the 1150 Stoke have sold, this is probably well over a 29k gate and approaching another 3x.

If you want to see embarassing, take a look at St.Marys evening games.

Jan 30, 2008
Strange comment. We are already taking more home fans to this than any fixture this season.

So far we have filled S1F(c700), S1E(c700) and are starting with S1D, over and above our usual room for home support (c27.5k). That's almost 6k in ticket sales above our ST base.

Depending on how many of the 1150 Stoke have sold, this is probably well over a 29k gate and approaching another 3x.

what you see isn't exactly what you get , be honest
regards
DR

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Over a thousand left at fifteen quid ticket and travel.

Gonna look embarrassing on tv

Makes you wonder why there are allegedly thousands on the waiting list if they don't do night games

Why does it bother you, you'll be watching it live won't you ??? or are you another of the 80's boyz sniffling into your lager top in the pub when we are on TV grizzling about the good old dayz of running 12 Stoke fans across Hove Park

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Why does it bother you, you'll be watching it live won't you ??? or are you another of the 80's boyz sniffling into your lager top in the pub when we are on TV grizzling about the good old dayz of running 12 Stoke fans across Hove Park
Yeah I'll be at the game. Just makes me laugh that people get precious about how good our crowds are when actually they aren't. Our 6th Premier League game and we've not yet sold out despite flogging tickets half price for 2 months.

Hope the tossers moaning about a closed shop have got one.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

It is strange. Some people don't understand home/away allocations like we do, I guess.

S1E = 721
S1F = 528

So, that's already atleast another 1200 of our fans in the South Stand compared to usual.

Don't we have 23,000 season ticket holders?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yeah I'll be at the game. Just makes me laugh that people get precious about how good our crowds are when actually they aren't. Our 6th Premier League game and we've not yet sold out despite flogging tickets half price for 2 months.

Yeah It's all shit.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

And on the glass half full side we have sold more tickets to home fans than ever before in the premier league

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

They are good crowds.

If the away end was filled, this would've been a sell out weeks ago. We are going to have more tickets sold for this game than for all previous PL home games despite it being on TV on a Monday night in the middle of November.

Were the sell out crowds against Man City, West Brom, Newcastle, Everton and Southampton not good then? If we had more seats, they would've been filled.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Nobody is being precious, just stating facts. Of course there will be ST no shows for an evening game, but our non-attendance figures on a match by match basis are lower than the majority of other clubs last I checked. This is what I don't get, it's ok to be self-critical, but surely some perspective is needed in comparison. You say, and I quote, "Our crowds aren't that good". Who are you comparing us to? If there is a club outside the globalised top 6 with a 30k seater who can sell out Stoke at home on a Monday evening in November when they are only bringing 1k (or fewer) fans and won't have ST no shows, please point me in their direction for reference so I can agree with you.

Our support is very good, for 80 mins. :whistle:

Don't we have 23,000 season ticket holders?

Yes, so we generally pull in about 4500 ticket sales to make it up to the usual home gate. Add the 1200 extra and we're at 5700 ticket sales above our ST base, which is why the question of "where are the people on the ST waiting list?" is very confusing to me. They appear to be, by and large, going to the game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

If Stoke had taken and sold a full allocation this would have been sold out weeks ago. While I agree we shouldn't rely on them you're not comparing fairly against our other visitors.

People on the waiting list aren't on there to see Brighton, they're there to see the glamour opponents. Most of us know & understand this, what's the value in repeating it over & over?

Compared with other teams in our mini league we get very decent crowds anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
If Stoke had taken and sold a full allocation this would have been sold out weeks ago. While I agree we shouldn't rely on them you're not comparing fairly against our other visitors.

People on the waiting list aren't on there to see Brighton, they're there to see the glamour opponents. Most of us know & understand this, what's the value in repeating it over & over?

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you, just wondering if this is true, as you say. You may be right, but the two I know who are on the list are keen on the Albion. Yes, they may be JCLs, as the saying goes, but fans nonetheless, albeit not the most passionate. Do most of us understand it, as you say?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

I disagree with you regarding the waiting list. We will have atleast 4500 general sale ticket holding fans there for the Stoke game, and we know that isn't a glamour tie. I have a friend on the list who buys a ticket for pretty much every home game.

Yes, are crowds are very good. Last season we had the 16th highest average in the country. Any team that has anywhere near the same size crowds we have have all had far more seasons in the top flight and/or have more honours than us. We must have the biggest crowds compared to actual success. We could end up with having the 10th highest average at the end of this season. How anyone can not call that 'good' is beyond me.

We've sold more match day sales tickets for this game than any other game in the PL. I actually think we will flog the rest of the south.

That's for a cold Monday evening, agasint less than glamarous oposition when it's on the telly. [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] could not have made his reply to Python better. I'm just gobsmacked that anyone who has any association with the club, let alone a fan, could in any way be critical about what will be an amazing attendance.

We are having this discussion the same day that we have sold out what is a 600+ mile trip to Huddersfield (yes Huddersfield) a couple of weeks before Christmas without it even getting past Season Ticket holders.

Our club has amazing support and I'm very proud to be part of it

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We've sold more match day sales tickets for this game than any other game in the PL. I actually think we will flog the rest of the south.

That's for a cold Monday evening, agasint less than glamarous oposition when it's on the telly. [MENTION=33924]Nixonator[/MENTION] could not have made his reply to Python better. I'm just gobsmacked that anyone who has any association with the club, let alone a fan, could in any way be critical about what will be an amazing attendance.

We are having this discussion the same day that we have sold out what is a 600+ mile trip to Huddersfield (yes Huddersfield) a couple of weeks before Christmas without it even getting past Season Ticket holders.

Our club has amazing support and I'm very proud to be part of it

Amen.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Also I'd wager a good chunk of those on the waiting list are families and an 8pm kick off on a school night can't be helping.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Oh no. Just realised I've got the dentist early on Tuesday morning. Will have to restrict myself to two pints. :down:

No need for that sort of nonsense A couple of mints, eating an apple and brush thoroughly a couple of times, and he/she will never know. drinking at the Albion MUST take priority.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here