Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD 21/10/17 - Official Thread

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
How did Tomer get a 3 game ban, when Cabaye only gets a yellow card for an ABH?

Especially as it came seconds after Zaha was (correctly) refused a penalty for another dive, and was quite obviously a bit of consequent red mist from Cabaye.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's all this about? Zaha wasn't carded today was he? At least not according to the BBC.

In other news, there was clearly a tussle between Shelvey and Cabaye as the corner came in for the Newcastle goal - a clash of *****, if you will. It looked like Shelvey was going to react as the ball went in, but the TV cameras didn't catch it.

I've found a picture. Looks like he was just checking that Cabaye was OK. Or something like that.

Screen Shot 2017-10-22 at 00.02.19.png

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
What's all this about? Zaha wasn't carded today was he? At least not according to the BBC.

Oh, maybe not then. I remember seeing various comments on Twitter about it happening this afternoon. Perhaps it was just overheated Geordies imagining it. He did shamelessly go down looking for a spot kick though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Update: appears the tweets I mentioned were pleading for him to be booked rather than actually confirming that he was.

I like this from a few weeks ago though.

[tweet]914114028833669120[/tweet]

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
He pretended to be fouled a few times. The Newcastle fans behind knew exactly what Zaha was up to and were laughing and pointing. He still tried to shrug it off like he was the victim and seems to be well known for it now. Always getting yellow cards for faking it and If he is deliberately doing it every game then the FA should really have a word and fine him. It brings the game in to disrepute.

Yoda

English & European
He pretended to be fouled a few times. The Newcastle fans behind knew exactly what Zaha was up to and were laughing and pointing. He still tried to shrug it off like he was the victim and seems to be well known for it now. Always getting yellow cards for faking it and If he is deliberately doing it every game then the FA should really have a word and fine him. It brings the game in to disrepute.

I just hope he carries on doing it, wins a penalty or free kick that they score from and then the FA ban him for two games. Then more the next time, etc....

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
BBC website said he had been booked in the text but the yellow card never appeared next to his name. Pity.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Re: finishing last.
Not just MOTD for BBC coverage anyway. There was about 8 minutes of highlights and analysis on Football Focus this lunchtime with Upson and Jenas praising Dunk/Duffy and Hughton to the hilt and even Dan Walker making jokes about Knockaert not sliding properly for Jose goal celebration. Although they were mostly worried about Slavic getting sacked.
The BBC has had pretty good value out of Jenas West Ham/Hughton opinions as he also said all of it first on 5 live at even greater length doing the radio punditry on Friday night.
We are *never* under the radar anymore .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Re: finishing last.
Not just MOTD for BBC coverage anyway. There was about 8 minutes of highlights and analysis on Football Focus this lunchtime with Upson and Jenas praising Dunk/Duffy and Hughton to the hilt and even Dan Walker making jokes about Knockaert not sliding properly for Jose goal celebration. Although they were mostly worried about Slavic getting sacked.
The BBC has had pretty good value out of Jenas West Ham/Hughton opinions as he also said all of it first on 5 live at even greater length doing the radio punditry on Friday night.
We are *never* under the radar anymore .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressed with JJ last night, bigging up CH.
Even did a double take after GL said that we're doing well :wozza:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I hear ya, but if I'm honest, I saw the Albion's win last night, I've spent much of today reliving it via the wonders of the internet, and thus I don't mind in the slightest if MOTD devote considerable discussion time to the subject of why Crystal Palace are so shit.

It's all about give and take :wink:

To be fair to the Beeb, (for once), it could also be all about the fact that the match was old news, having been played the previous evening, many people would already have watched the game via other means. Also l suppose it kind of makes sense to group all the Saturday kick offs together.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
To be fair to the Beeb, (for once), it could also be all about the fact that the match was old news, having been played the previous evening, many people would already have watched the game via other means. Also l suppose it kind of makes sense to group all the Saturday kick offs together.

Yes. This is exactly how Gary Lineker explained it in his facebook video that he does announcing the line up. Said it would have bumped up the order if it had been a Saturday 3pm.
The goals by the way were on BBC Breakfast, Football Focus (and a variety of other legal and non legal ways) before MOTD which presumably is part of the deal for the Friday KOs this seaso.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Expected goals

West Ham 1.77 Brighton 0.66

I'm sorry what? That expected goals is clearly broken. I can understand that with the amount of crosses West Ham put in, they'd expect to score in most games, as most teams don't have the likes of Dunk and Duffy in the middle, but 0.66 for us? That's just nonsense surely?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was a penalty - agree with everything the pundits have just said.

If that exact same thing happened at the Amex and we didn't get a penalty, 99% of Albion fans would be fuming.
So everyone except BG then.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

In other news, there was clearly a tussle between Shelvey and Cabaye as the corner came in for the Newcastle goal - a clash of *****, if you will. It looked like Shelvey was going to react as the ball went in, but the TV cameras didn't catch it.

I've found a picture. Looks like he was just checking that Cabaye was OK. Or something like that.

View attachment 90435

come and have a go if you think your hard enough....

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He's clearly one of footbal's good guys.

Bearing in mind Dele Alli was banned by FIFA for a recent game because he was seen giving the bird to somebody he later claimed was Kyle Walker: is it too much to hope that the FA take similar action against the odious Jonjo for what appears to be the same thing (albeit clearly not done in jest, unlike Alli)?

Personally, I think such behaviour is bringing the game into disrepute. Won't SOMEBODY think of the children? :wink:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here