Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trains for Southampton game from Three Bridges to Brighton

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Well done Southern

Buses replace trains between Haywards Heath and Brighton / Lewes on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 October

Engineering work is taking place between Haywards Heath and Brighton on Saturday and Sunday, closing all lines. The line between Haywards Heath and Lewes will also be closed on Sunday.

Buses will replace trains between Three Bridges and Brighton on Saturday and between Three Bridges and Brighton / Lewes on Sunday.

Gatwick Express services will not run between Gatwick Airport and Brighton.

Southern will run a reduced service between London and Brighton, via Lewes on Saturday and via Littlehampton on Sunday. As a result of this, some services between Littlehampton / Chichester and Brighton will be retimed.

Thameslink services between London Bridge and Brighton will not run.

On Saturday, two trains per hour will run in each direction between Bedford and Haywards Heath. Services will call additionally at Balcombe.

On Sunday, two trains per hour will run in each direction between Bedford and Three Bridges.

This probably means a very early start for anyone who usually catches the train down the main line

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn’t happen in Germany

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Been using Mill road park and ride all this season. But yeah great timing Southern

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Oh FFS :nono:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Isn't it Network Rail that do the maintenance on the tracks, not Southern? Or does that go against the anti Southern sentiment here?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
So if I'm travelling to the game Sunday from London I've got to get train to three bridges, then bus to brighton and then train to calmer?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Bus replacement services are the scourge of ''Modernity'' Thankfully I decided to travel down on the Friday and go back on the Monday. How long does the whole journey London to Brighton take factoring in the bus replacement, as I have friends not going down till the Sunday ?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Arent the trains going from Haywards Heath to Lewes if so that would be easier probably as you can get on at Victoria and stay on and the same on the return.

So BG - is that Victoria to Hayward's Heath - Hayward's Heath to Lewes - Lewes to Falmer ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Isn't it Network Rail that do the maintenance on the tracks, not Southern? Or does that go against the anti Southern sentiment here?

Absolutely, was just going to post your very words.

Inconvenien t for many of course, but track maintenance does need to be done, and not knowing the football fixtures a year in advance when this maintenance is scheduled there is little that can be done to avoid it. Better too that the line is closed over a weekend than duriing the worrking week.

Sorry folks, l'm just playing devil's advocate. There are two sides to every story, and railway companies aren't always in the wrong.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Hassle for me as it adds 45 min to the the journey each way but through past experiences would still suffer this rather than driving for 7 hours in total to save 1hr 30 min of inconvenience.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
That's the Pre match drinking scunnered then as will now take the car. Sustainable transport is one thing, replacement bus services quite another.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here