Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Loyalty Points Protection Insurance (LPPI)

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I have heard a rumour that from the start of next season, fans will be able to buy Loyalty Points Protection Insurance (LPPI) to cover the whole season at a special offer price of just £10. The insurance will cover all home and away matches, so if a fan is unable to attend a match for any reason, their loyalty points will be protected and they cannot be taken away from them.

LPPI can also be purchased for just an extra £1 (equivalent to the booking fee) when buying tickets on a match by match basis.

If annual LPPI is purchased before the first Carabao Cup match of the season, a fan will receive a bonus of 15 loyalty points added to their fan account.

It is envisaged if 25,000 fans purchase LPPI, the club will make £250,000. It is anticipated the Club will receive fewer complaints about fans harvesting loyalty points once the insurance is introduced.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
But reading the small print, while the loyalty points will not be taken away, none will be added for the match missed, making the insurance effectively worthless.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I think they should put all away tickets up for auction and let those prepared to fork out the most have them. Of course, the starting price would be face value and any profits over that would be kept by the club. Bids would be made 2 weeks before the tickets become available to give everyone a chance to bid. After all, if people are prepared to spend money on tickets they don't have any intention of using then we may as well milk these people of all their spare cash. And you wouldn't have to worry about loyalty points.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I have heard a rumour that from the start of next season, fans will be able to buy Loyalty Points Protection Insurance (LPPI) to cover the whole season at a special offer price of just £10. The insurance will cover all home and away matches, so if a fan is unable to attend a match for any reason, their loyalty points will be protected and they cannot be taken away from them.

LPPI can also be purchased for just an extra £1 (equivalent to the booking fee) when buying tickets on a match by match basis.

If annual LPPI is purchased before the first Carabao Cup match of the season, a fan will receive a bonus of 15 loyalty points added to their fan account.

It is envisaged if 25,000 fans purchase LPPI, the club will make £250,000. It is anticipated the Club will receive fewer complaints about fans harvesting loyalty points once the insurance is introduced.
Why not just sell points instead ? ???

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This is like the lifetime membership I purchased a few years back. I'm confident I will be completely covered now, and will be able to get tickets for any match, home or away.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have heard a rumour that from the start of next season, fans will be able to buy Loyalty Points Protection Insurance (LPPI) to cover the whole season at a special offer price of just £10...It is envisaged if 25,000 fans purchase LPPI, the club will make £250,000.

Oh no - don't say we're going to fiddle the VAT too :ohmy: :nono:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Personally think the club just needs to repackage loyalty points and put them into different risk classes from “harvester to genuine fan” then sell these on to other clubs and then get a harvester default swap on them in case of harvesting

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
This is like the lifetime membership I purchased a few years back. I'm confident I will be completely covered now, and will be able to get tickets for any match, home or away.

Yeah i'm glad i also purchased this , stuff waiting around for 20 years before i could sit in the same end as Brighton supporters at away games , money well spent

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Surprised no one has mentioned the fact this would further incentivise loyalty points harvesting. All for the measly price of £10 per season. The OP is fishing. The giveaway was the pre Carabao Cup bonus points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Just had it confirmed that PB will be conducting an audit of all fans proven attendance record (Home and Away) since the dawn of time ensuring that those who have too much time on their hands and therefore the ability to unfairly secure tickets ahead of seasoned individuals with genuine day to day responsibilities are no longer able to continually win the day.

Don't know where I stand on this one?

Cathartic sarcasm delivered...Now breathe...

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The club could generate more interest in the ladies team and boys teams if they award extra loyalty points to fans who go to watch those games!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here