Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Finally gone Sky

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I'm a bit old school and have put off having Sky for years, basically on grounds of cost and time [consumed watching TV].

There's been a Sky sales station in the middle of our town [indoor] shopping centre for yonks and I was still a bit miffed this morning whilst being dragged round the shops by Mrs SS that the dodgy stream I finally hooked into last night had more pauses / freezes than a I could bear [3 x 10 seconds every minute].

So I've signed up ....

£20 installation and then £15 p/m for the "Original Bundle" and "All Sports" for a tenner [all non-HD] - other Sky stuff bundled in [My Sky, Sky Q, Sky+, Sky Go, Sky News, Sky Store, Sky Atlantic, On Demand, Catch Up TV and a Sky Q 1TB box] So £35 per month total fixed for 18 months - is this a good deal? [I can still cancel]

I get this is a loss-leader sale for them and that in 18 months time they'll want to switch me to a standard tariff but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I use my in-laws sky go. They have the max package so I've registered my laptop as a device. Plug it in to the tv via HDMI and I have free sky.

Have you got friends with sky? Not a lot of people use their quota of devices for SkyGo. Just offer to give them a tenner a month to help with their bill?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I use my in-laws sky go. They have the max package so I've registered my laptop as a device. Plug it in to the tv via HDMI and I have free sky.

Have you got friends with sky? Not a lot of people use their quota of devices for SkyGo. Just offer to give them a tenner a month to help with their bill?

I didn't think you could run SkyGo from laptop to tv via hdmi?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Seems fair enough to me.Don't forget to give a months notice a month before your deal runs out. This way you will get the best deal.

I pay £12.80 for the variety bundle. If i wanted Skysports i would have to pay and extra £18 make a total of £30. But this isn't the Sky HQ version.

I also have sky set up in another room at no extra cost as i don't have multiroom anymore. Which is what i wanted as i get the basic channels without having to rely on the dodgy Freeview picture.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
We bought a Now TV box for £15, and pay just £6.99 for 24 hours when Brighton are playing. No contract, just pay per view. You can also get a week for £10.99 or a month, again no contract.
We had a free pass for the Bournemouth game.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you've got everything except movies but including sports and a Sky Q box (which is ultra HD) all for £35 month for 18 months then it is a bargain.
Sometimes things can be too cheap so check again.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We bought a Now TV box for £15, and pay just £6.99 for 24 hours when Brighton are playing. No contract, just pay per view. You can also get a week for £10.99 or a month, again no contract.
We had a free pass for the Bournemouth game.

If you just want to watch the Albion this is all you need, plus sometimes watch it down the pub. Find the quality excellent, never misses a beat with a LAN cable to my smart TV

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Flawless on Kodi, £7 a month. Perfect streams.

About to watch Palace get humped at Newcastle

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I didn't think you could run SkyGo from laptop to tv via hdmi?

Yep. You can. It's the device that is registered. Whether it's on the laptop screen or tv is by the by. I've been doing it for years. I have to buy a new power lead for my old xbox360 as you can use it for SkyGo as well. Then I can use the controller to change channels instead of getting up and pressing buttons on the laptop. Xbox live is 40 quid a year. I have a full sky package for nowt basically.

Just need a good mate who will let you use it.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Vowed never to buy Sky products again after the grief they gave my parents who tried to cancel their subscription. Any freebies or signing up perks they offer are just gimmicks. I suppose you could argue the same goes with most companies but I get by easily enough with other TV and internet providers.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I bought a Roku stick on E bay for about £20 and now get Now TV when we play. Ben suggested that we could get an amazon stick and do the same but I am quite happy with my Roku.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Zaha’s hair do looks like some dog has shite on his head and it’s running down his face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Flawless on Kodi, £7 a month. Perfect streams.

About to watch Palace get humped at Newcastle

Also watching on kodi £4.50 a month, but any new sub is now £6 a month

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
Sounds pretty good.. I have Sky Q Multiscreen with the 2TB box, and 3 mini-boxes, along with Sports, Box Sets (to include HD channels) and Sky Cinema - plus the premium to watch sport in HD (despite UHD being free) - £86 per month total! Add onto that BT Sport HD which is something like another £25 per month. And then add the Virgin broadband onto that for something like £48... so something like £150 a month for the whole package. Ouch.

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
I get the variety bundle, movies in HD and Sports in SD, all for the sum if £18.50 a month. This deal is about to end so I will cancel and see what they offer me this time.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here