Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What a night for the gaffer.

The Norwich fans who deride his ultra-defensive style and doubt his ability to put a team together capable of exciting football at the top level.... :facepalm:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

He seems to have changed from his traditional tactic when we are ahead of bringing on a defender or midfielder. That was my only concern about CH over the last couple of seasons although to be fair, it worked more often than not but it did create lots of hairy last 20 minutes.

But last night was different. March and Brown were hardly defensive substitutions! And even after the third goal tonight we still went for it, he didn't just shut up shop.

Mind you, West Ham were crap so he probably could have bought me on and we would still have won.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
"Newcastle United, Birmingham City, Norwich City, your boy gave West Ham United one hell of a beating, one hell of a beating"

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Several mates have said that this is Hughton's last chance in the Prem.
He needs to prove himself with us or accept he's a championship manager.

That's probably true, though I doubt Chris sees it in that way.

Either way he's doing a superb job.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
There is very little chance that he would of got another chance at the PL due to the fact that his name doesn’t end in a vowel and isn’t temperamental enough. This is his chance and he is grabbing it with both hands. I hope he stays at least another four years and then he can retire/ move upstairs.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But last night was different. March and Brown were hardly defensive substitutions! And even after the third goal tonight we still went for it, he didn't just shut up shop.

Mind you, West Ham were crap so he probably could have bought me on and we would still have won.

I think we made them look crap. Carragher was absolutely drooling about the double Ds at the back. And, yes, Chris went for it. I think it was a genuine strategy.

Also, we are sort of still used to the Gus template and extreme possession negativity, so to our eyes, what might be similar strategy to Hughton's Norwich approach to us looks like borderline wreckless attacking flair. If you see what I mean :lolol:

(and see some of the absurd posts on here in recent weeks moaning about how DULL we are...)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think the opposite is true. I think his coaching and organisational skills are more recognised now, that clubs in the PL are more likely to move for him if he was sacked. I doubt he would be sacked or that TB would allow anyone to make an approach.

When everyone was upset about not landing his striking targets he was still of the opinion that it had been a good transfer window over all and so it is proving. Create the chances and Glenn and Tomer can put them away. Although I have no doubts that there will be a striker in January and having saved some funds in that window, who knows, there may even be a better budget for one.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He seems to have changed from his traditional tactic when we are ahead of bringing on a defender or midfielder. That was my only concern about CH over the last couple of seasons although to be fair, it worked more often than not but it did create lots of hairy last 20 minutes.

i think thats party about reading the opposition, wasnt there but imagine they had their heads down.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton

Your mates sound as thick as pig shit. The only way they've come to that conclusion is believing what they're told by other thick twats. Easily led. I hope you are marshalling them to do your bidding unawares like some sort of blue-and-white-striped Machiavelli? If you aren't you should be, since every dense pleb needs someone to lead them - they're unhappy if left to their own devices, since they don't have any thoughts of their own with which to engage reality.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What a night for the gaffer.

The Norwich fans who deride his ultra-defensive style and doubt his ability to put a team together capable of exciting football at the top level.... :facepalm:

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

When we got promoted two of my Norwich mates told me we should sack him as we’ll just sit back all the time...

Some interesting (and more magnanimous) views from Norwich fans here http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/1/3569115/ShowPost.aspx#3569115

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think the opposite is true. I think his coaching and organisational skills are more recognised now, that clubs in the PL are more likely to move for him if he was sacked. I doubt he would be sacked or that TB would allow anyone to make an approach.

This

I think this season is showing that he has learnt from his experiences and has developed into an extremeley competent manager and coach

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

When everyone was upset about not landing his striking targets he was still of the opinion that it had been a good transfer window over all and so it is proving. Create the chances and Glenn and Tomer can put them away. Although I have no doubts that there will be a striker in January and having saved some funds in that window, who knows, there may even be a better budget for one.

If we continue to improve and don't look like relegation certs in January, it will be easier to attract a striker.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A lot was said about us not signing a striker in the summer but if you looked at Ayew last night and saw what £20m gets you perhaps CH was right in the position he took and not just signed somebody for the sake of a signing.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
A lot was said about us not signing a striker in the summer but if you looked at Ayew last night and saw what £20m gets you perhaps CH was right in the position he took and not just signed somebody for the sake of a signing.

We would have spent even more on a useless chump from Spurs if he hadn't turned us down so not sure your theory holds water.

However well we are doing we desperately need another striker in January, even if they are not a world beater. Three strikers in a squad isn't nearly enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here