Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We would have spent even more on a useless chump from Spurs if he hadn't turned us down so not sure your theory holds water.

However well we are doing we desperately need another striker in January, even if they are not a world beater. Three strikers in a squad isn't nearly enough.

That useless chump from spurs is actually a very good player. It just hasn't worked for him there. He's in a similar position to Davy Propper, and thus far Propper is doing rather well!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I heard the same from a Norwich fan. When we won promotion he said 'the first thing you need to do is sack Hughton'.

Muppets.

Yes, I must say Norwich are doing so much better these days since they sacked Chris Hughton, sitting as they are in mid-table in the Championship, behind another team managed by 1 of their former managers, Alex Neil at Preston. The phrase "visions of grandeur" springs to mind.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I hope we are in and around the mid table at Christmas. This will enable him to sign a couple of strikers

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Several mates have said that this is Hughton's last chance in the Prem.
He needs to prove himself with us or accept he's a championship manager.

That's probably true, though I doubt Chris sees it in that way.

Either way he's doing a superb job.

He was doing OK at Newcastle when they sacked him. Ashley has, I believe, said it was a mistake to get rid.

Either way, I'm very, very happy he's with us now.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Whatever contract CH is on we should be doubling it and getting him tied in to the long term future of the club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Jermaine Jenas on Football Focus.

"Brighton were brilliant. The job that CH did, It was a Chris Hughton masterclass. If it was Mourinho we'd have been lauding it over how he set them up and what they got. . They were really well organised as a back four...didn't really look like they were in trouble"

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was thinking after the fantastic AWAY win at West Ham, Chris Hughton might fancy a nice plate of Bubble and Squeak for Saturday evening meal. :cool:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here