Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A thread for Glenn

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
A thread for our two goal hero.

Much better performance from him tonight.
I haven't seen a replay yet, but the pen looked to be expertly "bought" by Glenn.

His shirt to keep for now.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

I haven't seen a replay yet, but the pen looked to be expertly "bought" by Glenn.

Stonewall pen for me. Never happy with those down the middle kicks, either deliberately brilliant or very poor.

He should start but we'll see Hemed at some point v Stains I'd imagine

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Only the toy throwers wrote him off after a poor first game back from injury...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

That was a nailed on pen. Agree with you on the rest of his performance but he should really have scored 4 tonight.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Yep he was a soldier tonight, did the ugly work and scored 2 with the first being an excellent finish. For the amount of money you can spend on strikers, both Hemed and Murray are doing as good as any.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

He was excellent. But they all were.

Stonewall pen for me. Never happy with those down the middle kicks, either deliberately brilliant or very poor.

He should start but we'll see Hemed at some point v Stains I'd imagine

Only the toy throwers wrote him off after a poor first game back from injury...

Walking along, singing a song

That was a nailed on pen. Agree with you on the rest of his performance but he should really have scored 4 tonight.

Yep he was a soldier tonight, did the ugly work and scored 2 with the first being an excellent finish. For the amount of money you can spend on strikers, both Hemed and Murray are doing as good as any.

In the fabled words of Sky punditry last night:
"Murray shoots, Murray scores" :thumbsup:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
So Murray isn’t past it after all, and hemed’s suspension hasn’t destroyed our season.
Phew, I was getting a bit worried after reading a few comments on here.

larus

On Monday I said he's past it, not good enough for the Premier league. Shows how much I know about football. Happy to be proved wrong.

I hope that you (and others) take that lesson on board. Players have off days or things don’t always come off and as fans we can sometimes be too quick to slag then off. (Not having a dig at you, it’s big to admit you were wrong).

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hopefully this gives him the confidence he needs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

So Murray isn’t past it after all, and hemed’s suspension hasn’t destroyed our season.
Phew, I was getting a bit worried after reading a few comments on here.

I don't want to put a dampener on the performance but he hasn't proved his form on that one game.
His first goal he wasn't challenged and had to jump no higher than a midget at Billy smarts circus, his pen he may have bought, but my first instincts was it was a very clumsy tackle.The pen was a poor strike and poor Hart went early and almost saved with his feet.
In summary anyone on NSC could have scored a brace with a great delivery with no challenge and a spot kick against low confidence keeper.

I wait to see if he can give a Premier performance this year.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I don't want to put a dampener on the performance but he hasn't proved his form on that one game.
His first goal he wasn't challenged and had to jump no higher than a midget at Billy smarts circus, his pen he may have bought, but my first instincts was it was a very clumsy tackle.The pen was a poor strike and poor Hart went early and almost saved with his feet.
In summary anyone on NSC could have scored a brace with a great delivery with no challenge and a spot kick against low confidence keeper.

Miserable comments on an amazing weekend for the Albion and Murray.

All goals are preventable. Murray's headed goal was great. Perfect positioning, timing and execution.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Now where's that thumbs down button when you need it.....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

The reason Murray didn't have to jump very high was down to two things: The cross into the box was so damned good and Murray timed his run to perfection.

As for the penalty-it was perfect, straight down the middle makes sense because goalkeepers choose which way they are going to dive ahead of the ball being kicked. Doesn't work all the time but that holds true for loads of penalties. Murray scored so it was a perfect penalty.

Glenn is coming back from injury so was always going to be a bit off the pace. His match fitness is returning and I for one am happy to see him back-he is a proven goal scorer/hold up man.

Enjoy the win.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here