Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How disrespectful!

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
I'm getting the feeling that being beaten by Brighton is seen, by other PL teams/fans, as unacceptable. Or even drawing with us.

How disrespectful! How brilliant for us to pin on the dressing room wall!

F... them!

WhingForPresident

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
It's not really a surprise though is it... we've been a lower league side for the best part of 30 years (and the best part of 116 years) so it's bound to hurt the clubs with delusions of grandeur when little old Brighton rock up at their gaff and take them to school.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I think it might be slowly dawning on them that we are not the soft touch everyone assumed we'd be.

On a side issue - I am loving watching all the plastic PL "fans" I know , not knowing how to handle this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
“Plastics melt” could be the back page headline with a picture of the empty Tax Payers Stadium on 80 Mins.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
I'm getting the feeling that being beaten by Brighton is seen, by other PL teams/fans, as unacceptable. Or even drawing with us.

How disrespectful! How brilliant for us to pin on the dressing room wall!

F... them!

It will be seen as unacceptable. Only natural. That's okay. We just carry on...being us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
It's not really a surprise though is it... we've been a lower league side for the best part of 30 years (and the best part of 116 years) so it's bound to hurt the clubs with delusions of grandeur when little old Brighton rock up at their gaff and take them to school.

This, and it’s beautiful

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I'm still waiting for that watershed moment to hit, when pundits stop assuming that we're championship fodder and treat us like a premier league team. Think it's only going to truly hit home if we get a win against one of the big teams.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Just listened to John Collins talk about us having no real quality or flair players but being well organized. Wrong on the first part, right on the second.

TBH - the standard of punditry on the Premier League is generally shit. Who actually ever says anything insightful or has done some research.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
And Matt Law of the Torygraph wondering why CH hadn't been mentioned in connection with the Leicester job. When, at the moment, it would be a downward move ...

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I think it might be slowly dawning on them that we are not the soft touch everyone assumed we'd be.

On a side issue - I am loving watching all the plastic PL "fans" I know , not knowing how to handle this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This exactly, you can tell local followers of "the big clubs" really want to claim allegiance to the Albion, but they dont know how to without losing face.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Must admit that, in Sheffield, all I'm getting is the massive respect that we deserve.

Well, between Wednesday fans crying about FFP biting and United fans celebrating that is.

It's all rather good.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Love it.

It's only Brighton.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
West Ham fan at work last year - "You are playing with the big boys now, going to cop a few hidings on your way back down next season"

Me today -:clap2::clap2:

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
It’s not that long ago when we were in the Championship during the Withdean years when every other club would say “we should be beating teams like Brighton” and “it’s their cup final”
We just have to keep getting results and it will stop.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It’s not that long ago when we were in the Championship during the Withdean years when every other club would say “we should be beating teams like Brighton” and “it’s their cup final”
We just have to keep getting results and it will stop.

It's certainly stopped now with small clubs like Reading, Sheffield Wednesday [emoji23], Middlesbrough and Leeds.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I too am sick of the media talking about West Ham's debacle, rather than Brighton's victory...The Sky commentary was so partisan ( I missed Warren A on the telly) , Jamie Carragher's scouse accent was irritating. ..

Never mind, if we keep going as we are, they will come to respect us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here