Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo - Lua Lua

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
In my opinion Izquierdo is Lua Lua but at a higher level. Very similar players cutting in and having a pop at goal.

Do you sit in West Upper ? Someone else said this last week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But without outrunning the opposition and then stopping...and hopefully with less delicate hamstrings

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do you sit in West Upper ? Someone else said this last week.
Er, I've seen it said on here. About six times!

It's probably a fair assessment, although personally I think he works a lot harder and is much harder to dispossess.

Like Maty Ryan (you'll remember him, he's that shit signing we made), he didn't look all that after two or three games, but now looks easily good enough.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
From the little I've seen ccloser to Arjen Robben (albeit the other side of the pitch).

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Except Arjen Robben is a cheating diving CJTC

There is that.
Fortunately, my initial impressions of our John Lefty are that he seems to be pretty robust. Tracked back well, boogied around and Bliley, he is SPEEDY.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't see any similarities, aside from them both being football players.

Kaz generally prefers to win the foul/dive than take on players, then sulks when he doesn't win the foul or he loses the ball.

Izq prefers to run and take the risk of shooting/creating.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Can't recall Kaz ever sprinting back like that and putting in a superb tackle as Jose did on Antonio tonight.

Also, Izquierdo isn't just quick, he's REALLY quick. Bellerin is widely regarded as one of (if not the) quickest players in the league but in the away game v Arsenal he got outpaced buy Izquierdo.

That was when I thought yep, we have a serious player here. Now he's scored I can see him getting better and better.

Love Kaz but he's another level.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
In my opinion Izquierdo is Lua Lua but at a higher level. Very similar players cutting in and having a pop at goal.
They both cut in, but when attacking down the wing Jose will go as fast as he can, while Kaz will stop and then try and beat his man from a standing start.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They both cut in, but when attacking down the wing Jose will go as fast as he can, while Kaz will stop and then try and beat his man from a standing start.
And he ended up being found out with that one trick at championship level.

I do agree with the OP though. He's like Kaz but much, much better.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
And he ended up being found out with that one trick at championship level.
I don't think that's fair. He was Championship player of the month for August, and then he got injured. It's tough for a player like that to keep coming back from injury, worried he'll pull a muscle at any moment.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from the goal i thought he was a poor mans Lua Lua,still early so the real Izquierdo has not shown himself:moo:

We haven't seen the best of Izquierdo yet. As Hughton said post match, Izq is playing catch up from not having a preseason, being signed at the end of the transfer window, and having to adjust to the Premier League/English football. Give him time and hopefully he will come good.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I don't think that's fair. He was Championship player of the month for August, and then he got injured. It's tough for a player like that to keep coming back from injury, worried he'll pull a muscle at any moment.
Yes, I was probably being harsh. It's just that Izquierdo is clearly a much better all-round player. Although I can see the similarities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here