Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo - Lua Lua

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Lualua can shoot with either foot and is not so quick. Reminded me more of Peter Ward.

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
I don't think that's fair. He was Championship player of the month for August, and then he got injured. It's tough for a player like that to keep coming back from injury, worried he'll pull a muscle at any moment.
Yep on his day a nightmare for any right back and if it wasn't for some difficult injuries he would be worth a shot in the prem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When someone produces a clip of Kaz sprinting 50 yards past his own centre back to put in a clinical last gasp tackle on his own by line, then you might have a point.

We all know in that situation Kaz would have been sat on the floor, at the half way line, with his arms stretched out wide.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
KLL great, great player on his day and definitely had the potential to be a good PL player but now it’s passed him by, too many injuries and not quite that top drawer mentality needed but always top entertainment value and a real character. Izq will be a real star for us.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
I already love him. He needs to teach AK how to slide on his knees though.

20171020_001.gif

20171020_001_1.gif

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thanks for those. Bloody excellent team-work from Jose. Will definitely endear him with the others - seeing your flair players putting in a shift is great IMO.

Totally agree, looks willing and able to put in the hard work when needed, but also provide the flair as seen with his goal. I've always liked Kaz, but this guy is in a different league in every sense of the term.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
When someone produces a clip of Kaz sprinting 50 yards past his own centre back to put in a clinical last gasp tackle on his own by line, then you might have a point.

We all know in that situation Kaz would have been sat on the floor, at the half way line, with his arms stretched out wide.

Doubters might also say that kind of run was a one off but he did something very similar at Watford racing back and overtaking Suttner in the process to make the tackle. I think he could be something really special in the making.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Although my initial reaction to the op was 'yeah'.....thinking about it....they aren't very alike.....and I my 'yeah' was just 'unconscious bias', or 'lazy racial sterotyping' as we used to call it. The more I think about it, he's actually a better (arguably) Solly March. Perhaps. Not really seen enough of him yet. I suspect that like others who attack he's been coached a lot recently in the dark arts of defending back since he did this yesterday quite nicely.

Very pleased we have him :cheers:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
KLL great, great player on his day and definitely had the potential to be a good PL player but now it’s passed him by, too many injuries and not quite that top drawer mentality needed but always top entertainment value and a real character. Izq will be a real star for us.
This!

Kaz has always had the ability but never put in a performance to suggest he was a team player. If he were prepared to do the hard work he would've been a certain starter for us whenever fit, instead CH preferred players like Baldock, Murphy & Skalak to play on the left knowing that they will play their part when we don't have the ball

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Light years ahead of Lua Lua for all the reasons above. The tackle on Antonio was sensational, he started behind him and Dunk who were both sprinting 100% and caught them both, and showed amazing timing to take the ball. In the Everton game he played a fabulous cushioned volley pass at one point. He’s got a decent footballing brain on him.

There’s massively more to him than simply bombing down the wing, cutting inside and shooting, but looks like he can do that pretty well too.

larus

Totally agree, looks willing and able to put in the hard work when needed, but also provide the flair as seen with his goal. I've always liked Kaz, but this guy is in a different league in every sense of the term.

I think we all hoped that Kaz would be that type of player but I think the injuries did for him. Had a great shot on him and the pace (not as fast as Jose though), but often would seem to beat a player then stop. I don't think Jose knows what stop means :lol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Apart from the goal i thought he was a poor mans Lua Lua,still early so the real Izquierdo has not shown himself:moo:

Lua Lua was doing it 2 divisions lower. Not in the PL though.

If LuaLua was the better player he would still be at the club. CH had the option to keep him and it isn't the first time he has let him go.

Jan 26, 2015
Berkshire
Interesting quote from Hughton in the Argus about Izquierdo: "He’s a fit lad, he can run, but everybody has got to fit in the way we want to play.” I only saw Friday's game on TV so couldn't see much of his positional play but it implies Jose's not quite doing what he's being asked to do. The covering tackle on Antonio when he'd skinned Dunk was an indication he does take defensive duties seriously. Does anyone know what Chris might be referring to?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
LuaLua was hilariously overrated for years.

Couldn't agree more. He's barely good enough for the Championship.

Izquierdo looks to have a bit more about him, but I still think it's too early to tell. He hasn't played that many minutes for us yet, although he looked good against West Ham (but so did everyone else in blue and white).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here