Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk for England.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Most Managers don't want their players playing International Football. Increases fatigue and injury risks

I don't imagine Chief Exec's are overly impressed either.
Tapping up and 'keeping up with the Jones' must be rife.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm just guessing but my hunch is that the manager we're talking about here is Gareth Southgate.

My original posts still stands then because that would back up what I said. The Press suggest Dunk Southgate then possibly says ''Yeh Alright then''

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Dunk will probably leave in the summer. he would walk into any side in the league I reckon.

My guess is that he will end up at Spurs - new stadium and they will surely start upping the wages and which young (ish) English player wouldn't want the manager?

It is inevitable he will leave and if he gets a single boo at the Amex it will be a disgrace.

My feeling is that it will be Arsenal.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My original posts still stands then because that would back up what I said. The Press suggest Dunk Southgate then possibly says ''Yeh Alright then''

The "press" haven't said that though have they. The Mirror have written, presumably a well sourced story, saying that Gareth Southgate is going to give Lewis Dunk a try out in his squad (probably due to injuries) for the next two friendlies. Their well placed source being presumably...Gareth Southgate.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Wasn’t Steve Foster the last Brighton player to play for England?

Begs the question, who is better Foster or Dunk?

The parallels between the last 3 seasons (including the current one) and the 77 to 79 seasons are uncanny. Just missed out on promotion the first season, got up the second season, started with a home defeat and then picked up the pace. Steve Foster got into the England squad and went to the World Cup. Maybe Dunk will continue the parallels? England never conceded a goal while Foster was playing.for them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that he will get a call up as I think the big 6 will pull out the likes of Stones, Smalling Cahill etc plus Everton with Keane all suffering minor injuries.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I’ve just bought tickets for the Germany game. I really hope it is Dunk’s debut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The "press" haven't said that though have they. The Mirror have written, presumably a well sourced story, saying that Gareth Southgate is going to give Lewis Dunk a try out in his squad (probably due to injuries) for the next two friendlies. Their well placed source being presumably...Gareth Southgate.

Of course they won't say that - I just don't mean Southgate. History tells you that you see the Press suggesting certain players to be selected and then before you know it they are in the squad. England Managers over the years have followed Press suggested or railroaded selections.

That's why I think Big Sam was a bad loss to England. He wouldn't have given a flying f#ck who the Press wanted in the team. Sam obviously has his faults but appeasing Club Chairmen and the Press is not one of them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
His strength is his long passing to the opposite wing, his weakness is bringing the ball out of the middle of the defence under control as he tends to let the ball get just that little bit too far away from him then lunges after it. In that aspect of his game LAWRENSON was a lot better so I dont know where you have been hiding at Brighton.

I said one of the best. And I disagree with you.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What that Lawrenson wasnt better. with the ball at his feet.

No about your post regarding Keane. He has been poor at best this season. Dunk is streets ahead of him at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here