PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He's too good for England.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
He has really matured as a player in the past couple of years and if he keeps that level of development up, no reason at all why he couldn't graduate into the full England squad in due course. England don't have a bottomless pit of quality central defenders as they have had in the past and with a number of friendlies coming up before next summer, he is doing a good job of getting noticed.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He looks great in our side but playing for England is a big jump.

I'd like to see the England squad in November contain a few outside choices rather than just those who play for a club in European competitions

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He looks great in our side but playing for England is a big jump.

I'd like to see the England squad in November contain a few outside choices rather than just those who play for a club in European competitions

I'm not so convinced playing for England is that bigger jump. He's as good as Stones, if not better

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
402599-0-1[1].jpg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Today's Sunday Mirror says Dunk will be in the squad for next months friendlies

The thing is, how would the Sunday Mirror know?

Seems to me they've picked a name out of a hat which nobody will remember if it doesn't end up being true, but if it is they can claim they have inside knowledge.

:shrug:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Dunk should definitely get a chance, he is an outstanding defender.

Surprised by how many people are talking Stones down though. He is quality.

He undoubtedly is and much as it would be great to have a Brighton player in the England team I don't think people should be advocating it to happen because once it does he will be gone.

When I first started watching him fairly regularly I thought decent player but a total liability. Not a liability any more. When Fulham offered £5m I remember saying to someone that I would have taken the money and they said he was worth more. I didn't see it then but I do now. He is a minimum £25m player now. He has massively improved under CH but that may have come anyway with age and maturity.

Many offers have been turned down and every time I see a new improved contract reported in the Press I think ''****ing hell there must have been another offer'' - The lad is absolutely superb and I have no doubt he will be gone in one of the coming transfer windows but when it does happen he will bring in mega funds to adequately replace him; however I wouldn't want to hasten that by an England ''call up''.

Brighton need 2 seasons in the PL to stabilise the club financially and I would like to see Dunky here at least that long to help do that because he is very important to that ''Cause''.

So YES I would love to see him play for England but just not yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here