[Football] Lewis Dunk for England.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44041402

Joe Gomez to miss the world cup due to injury...another defensive spot in the squad opened up. Come on Gareth...you know it makes sense. #DunkForEngland

I've watched a lot of PL. Dunk is a far better defender than Gomez at the moment, who is error strewn. But in fairness to Gomez he's very young and no one knows yet if his best position in RB or CB.

It's probably too late now as Southgate has trialled virtually every English CB there is, bar Dunk, but Dunk deserves a chance this around in my blue tinted opinion.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
He won't get picked - Southgate is ex palace and wouldn't pick Harry Kane if he played for the Albion !
But what's the glory in playing for England anyway these days ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk makes too many mistakes to be called up yet. To be called up you need to cut out all mistakes.

Can’t think of hardly any this season. Only one of the OGs was a mistake before you mention that.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Dunk won't get a call up, Southgate would have had a look at him in the last squad, at the very least invited him to train with the squad. Having seen Smalling on Friday, Dunk is a better player, better positioning, reads the game better and wouldn't get roughed up by Murray.
Shame, I felt Dunk deserved a call in the last squad, maybe if he puts in two more big performances against arguably the best sides in the league he could force Southgate's hand. Somehow I doubt it, maybe he needs to find a long lost Irish or Scottish relative to gain a call up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can’t think of hardly any this season. Only one of the OGs was a mistake before you mention that.

There have been a few, especially early season when we were more suspect at set pieces, particularly losing his man, although the number of errors really needs to be considered against the his degree of involvement in the game.....probably no worse than any other CB in the division on a % basis.....

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He slipped because his 1st touch was so dreadful and he had to run after the ball.

Can’t argue with that but defenders make mistakes over the course of a season, even England Internationals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here