NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Keane today has been laughable along with Baines

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
His strength is his long passing to the opposite wing, his weakness is bringing the ball out of the middle of the defence under control as he tends to let the ball get just that little bit too far away from him then lunges after it. In that aspect of his game LAWRENSON was a lot better so I dont know where you have been hiding at Brighton.

No. His Champagne ball is the long pass, it's not a 'strength', it's an 'extra'.

His strengths are his close control, his reading of his game, his reading other people's game - team-mates and opponents, his tenacity, (nowadays) his discipline, his bringing the ball out of defence, his passing, his leadership when playing as captain. He occasionally lapses into a slip or an error, but then again, being human, that kind of thing happens to the best of players.

His weakness for his career is that he doesn't play for a top six side.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No. His Champagne ball is the long pass, it's not a 'strength', it's an 'extra'.

His strengths are his close control, his reading of his game, his reading other people's game - team-mates and opponents, his tenacity, (nowadays) his discipline, his bringing the ball out of defence, his passing, his leadership when playing as captain. He occasionally lapses into a slip or an error, but then again, being human, that kind of thing happens to the best of players.

I agree with all of that except for his weakness.
If LD was playing at a top 6 side he'd be their version of Connor Goldson.

dazzer6666

Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

You forgot his absolute willingness to throw his body on the line to make a block........

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Dunk is probably the best passer of the ball in the team.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Thats a fair summing up by someone who watches the game through blue and white blinkers as most of what you say is wrong and highlights his weaknesses and has never been picked up by pundits. as a strength or a plus point.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thats a fair summing up by someone who watches the game through blue and white blinkers as most of what you say is wrong and highlights his weaknesses and has never been picked up by pundits. as a strength or a plus point.

Incredible. Do you ever look back at your posts and think? Or indeed before you post do you?

edna krabappel

Jul 7, 2003
Thats a fair summing up by someone who watches the game through blue and white blinkers as most of what you say is wrong

In your opinion.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was going to watch a film, but I think I'll stick around for a few minutes!

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Dunky has improved immeasurably but I still don’t think he’s quite ready for international level yet!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no questioning his aerial ability at both ends of the pitch ,nor his effort and determination to get the ball at all costs. His positional play has improved from the glaring mistakes he made in the Championship leaving strikers and notably the goal at home to Newcastle last season. His long range passing to the opposite wing is exceptional generally but other than that his passing is nothing to be marvelled at as usually it is a simple square pass to another defender or back to the keeper,. Despite what TLO says his close control bringing the ball out of defence is nothing to shout about as he tends to let the ball run away from him and then has to lunge to get it back under control. Again this is improving but is nowhere near top class yet. I am sure this season playing against top strikers will improve him immensely whether or not that be for Brighton is another question. Having said all of that I would still pick him for the friendly internationals to see how he shows up. I must stress that is my opinion and others may not think the same that is their prerogative.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Dunky has improved immeasurably but I still don’t think he’s quite ready for international level yet!

Why? He's already playing against some of the best and receiving rave reviews.

The level isn't going to go up is it, playing international friendlies against some poor sides. Without any bias, he's worth taking a look at.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
There is no questioning his aerial ability at both ends of the pitch ,nor his effort and determination to get the ball at all costs. His positional play has improved from the glaring mistakes he made in the Championship leaving strikers and notably the goal at home to Newcastle last season. His long range passing to the opposite wing is exceptional generally but other than that his passing is nothing to be marvelled at as usually it is a simple square pass to another defender or back to the keeper,. Despite what TLO says his close control bringing the ball out of defence is nothing to shout about as he tends to let the ball run away from him and then has to lunge to get it back under control. Again this is improving but is nowhere near top class yet. I am sure this season playing against top strikers will improve him immensely whether or not that be for Brighton is another question. Having said all of that I would still pick him for the friendly internationals to see how he shows up. I must stress that is my opinion and others may not think the same that is their prerogative.

That's not the first time you've said that - and you can't back it up for this season. He used to do that once in a while. You're judging him on that from the player he was two years ago - which is not what we're talking about.

If his ball control and subsequent obligatory lunge is so bad, and something you're prepared to criticise him for, tell us about all the yellow cards in the past 20 matches. Tell us about all the times he has done it to such appalling consequence this season...

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That's not the first time you've said that - and you can't back it up for this season. He used to do that once in a while. You're judging him on that from the player he was two years ago - which is not what we're talking about.

If his ball control and subsequent obligatory lunge is so bad, and something you're prepared to criticise him for, tell us about all the yellow cards in the past 20 matches. Tell us about all the times he has done it to such appalling consequence this season...

He can't.

PILTDOWN MAN

Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ok Grandad. Nurse is on her way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here