Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk for England.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The thing is, how would the Sunday Mirror know?

Seems to me they've picked a name out of a hat which nobody will remember if it doesn't end up being true, but if it is they can claim they have inside knowledge.

:shrug:

I think The Press virtually dictate the England Squad and Team. That's England's downfall because Managers are so desperate to get them on side

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Dunk is in fine form and does deserve the opportunity to at the very least train with the national squad. The main thing against him is the lack of international football played, all the others named have played for England or club football in Champions League or Europa.
I think the World Cup might be a couple of years to early for Lewis simply just for the lack of international games on his CV. Shame as he certainly has the potential.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Dunk is better in the air and better at defensive positioning. Dunk is also stronger and 2” taller.

What part of Stones game is superior to Dunk’s?

He is far better with the ball at his feet which is the way managers are going for ball playing defenders. Granted he hasnt had many this season but Dunks yellow cards are mainly for losing control of the ball and lunging in which Stones doesnt do and with quick lively forwards at international level he could be exposed. I know it was our first game but look how Aguero taunted him for Man City Granted Lewis is better in the air.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He is far better with the ball at his feet which is the way managers are going for ball playing defenders. Granted he hasnt had many this season but Dunks yellow cards are mainly for losing control of the ball and lunging in which Stones doesnt do and with quick lively forwards at international level he could be exposed. I know it was our first game but look how Aguero taunted him for Man City Granted Lewis is better in the air.

Sometimes you surpass yourself. Dunk is one of the best CB's with the ball at his feet I've ever seen, his distribution is one of his strengths.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Seems to be awful lot of Brighton fans voting on The Mirrors poll :lolol: :whistle:

poll.JPG

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sometimes you surpass yourself. Dunk is one of the best CB's with the ball at his feet I've ever seen, his distribution is one of his strengths.

His strength is his long passing to the opposite wing, his weakness is bringing the ball out of the middle of the defence under control as he tends to let the ball get just that little bit too far away from him then lunges after it. In that aspect of his game LAWRENSON was a lot better so I dont know where you have been hiding at Brighton.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would rather Dunk drops back under the radar and concentrates on playing for Brighton. He and Duffy give us a chance in this league and we need to keep them both. I know that is selfish but that's what is in the interests of BHA, without them we will struggle. Their value to Brighton is higher than any money we will get for them...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Wasn’t Steve Foster the last Brighton player to play for England?

Begs the question, who is better Foster or Dunk?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jun 27, 2012
I think The Press virtually dictate the England Squad and Team. That's England's downfall because Managers are so desperate to get them on side

or perhaps its a simple as Managers talk to journalists who then go ahead and report it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here