Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lewis Dunk for England.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that Dunks chan ce will come perhaps not in time for Russia but I can fully understand GS calling up Gomez as he is young and can cover both full back positions as well as CB. The big problem as far as we are concerned is that not getting picked may induce Lewis to ask to join a 'big club' in January to gain recognition.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
The thought of the tactical and coaching genius that is Gareth Southgate, getting anywhere near one of our players leaves me cold. Southgate is the coaching equivalent of the plague!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I think that Dunks chan ce will come perhaps not in time for Russia but I can fully understand GS calling up Gomez as he is young and can cover both full back positions as well as CB. The big problem as far as we are concerned is that not getting picked may induce Lewis to ask to join a 'big club' in January to gain recognition.

As much as I love Dunky, and I do think he should be picked and will in time be picked I suspect the call of a big club tempting him away will be 1) money 2) money 3) money...... 15) that will help me get picked for England.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As much as I love Dunky, and I do think he should be picked and will in time be picked I suspect the call of a big club tempting him away will be 1) money 2) money 3) money...... 15) that will help me get picked for England.

I think that 2 & 3 are wrong. it is, I believe (1) Money (2) To win a major trophy (3) To move his career on and perhaps get a cap.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Womens team but not good enough for the mens 1st choice it appears at the moment.

Rubbish. Of course he is good enough. Gareth Southgate is clueless and probably has not even heard of Brighton.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rubbish. Of course he is good enough. Gareth Southgate is clueless and probably has not even heard of Brighton.

Coming from Crawley I would think that he does but as regards Lewis Dunk I believe that he will one day play for England but at the moment after only 10 games in the Premier I would say there are at least 6 in front of him to be called up.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Has anyone ever actually clocked Southgate at a Brighton game, either in person or picked out on TV (as they normally are)? I don't recall it.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hart had a blinder last week, back to his best imho .
Dunk's had 10 games in the PL, and he's behind a host of others, so no surprise there.
He’s let in 7 (seven) goals in three games, two of which were against you (no disrespect). It’s hardly a ringing endorsement.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Coming from Crawley I would think that he does but as regards Lewis Dunk I believe that he will one day play for England but at the moment after only 10 games in the Premier I would say there are at least 6 in front of him to be called up.

I agree with this man. [emoji16]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has anyone ever actually clocked Southgate at a Brighton game, either in person or picked out on TV (as they normally are)? I don't recall it.

Like most managers he picks and choses which game he will attend, if any, and lets his team go to other games and report back on players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here