Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Didn't put a foot wrong today. Both full backs were excellent I felt

Ummm yes he did. Heavy first touch at the end of the first half then ending up bundling over their player resulting in a free kick to them in a dangerous position. For his ability he had a good game. People keep pointing out he touched the ball a lot but he didn't do anything with it and I wouldn't expect him too going forwards. Don wan o be all negative but that was a poor West Ham team today and I don't think he's up to it against a better team.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Ummm yes he did. Heavy first touch at the end of the first half then ending up bundling over their player resulting in a free kick to them in a dangerous position. For his ability he had a good game. People keep pointing out he touched the ball a lot but he didn't do anything with it and I wouldn't expect him too going forwards. Don wan o be all negative but that was a poor West Ham team today and I don't think he's up to it against a better team.

One heavy touch - thanks for spotting that! "For his ability" ! Come on!

Didn't do anything with it going forward.

Ergh:

1st half cut back pass - shot was blocked by west ham players hand.
2nd half cross into Kayal who nearly scored.
2nd half started the move on the left flank, neat one two, where March eventually skyed his effort over the bar.

Why pick on him stating he would "not be up to it" when he has had another good game, when plenty of our other players would also "not be up to it" against a better team!

Oh - Bong was poor away against Spurs and United. No he wasn't.

Just accept, he had a good attacking performance today - from the fullback berth.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Was there someone else called Bong playing today?

"Didn't do anything with it".. do me a favour.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
I was one of those who doubted if he could make it in the premier league. But I am glad he has proven me wrong. Another great game from him and he links up with Jose really well and helps him do what he does.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I was going to apologise for my outburst in the east lower yesterday. 1 min into second half and bong miscontrolled a touch to wit the resident loud mouth who sits three rows behind me shouts out sarcastically 'brilliant bong!' (Ironically bong won back control and played the ball on)

So in the heat of annoyance that someone could be so negative so early in the second half in a game where we all needed to pull together i did suggest loudly that the particular moaner could perhaps keep quiet or take his custom elsewhere.... he did seem to take the hint onboard through

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I heard of the tackle that nearly cut Bong in half, at the beginning of the first half, I don't remebefvseeing it on MOTD.
Does anyone have any clips of it, as I'm not being morbid :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here