Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Duffy & Dunk’s incredible blocks....

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Brighton defensive duo Lewis Dunk and Shane Duffy were the foundations of a tenacious performance - making it 21 wins from 37 games when they've started together as a pair.

Interesting fact from Sky Sports.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Probably the best CB pairing in the Prem and no doubt one of the top clubs will put in an offer for both at silly money and silly wages.

We seem to defend and absorb pressure for fun.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Genuinely thought Carra was going to give an unprecedented joint MoM tonight. but then it always goes to a player that scores two goals.

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Shane Dunk and Lewis Duffy according to the Beeb report!

This is the relevant bit:

Brighton break away duck

Victory for Brighton - their first on the road in the top flight since 1983 - resulted in jubilant scenes at the final whistle.

However poor West Ham were, Brighton defended resolutely and were impressive in attack.

They scored three goals from seven attempts - West Ham had 16 efforts - and could have added further misery to their hosts as Murray had two good chances saved by Hart.

Brighton centre-backs Lewis Duffy and Shane Dunk were excellent, making 11 clearances each to ensure goalkeeper Mat Ryan was hardly tested.

Victory was Hughton's first away from home in the Premier League since November 2013, ending a run of 12 matches without a win.

:wozza:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We need a t shirt entitled Neon Fury and the Blockheads, with an angry keeper picture of Ryan in his orange shirt alongside Duffy and Dunk’s faces.

They are IMMENSE. Fozzie’s heirs.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 17, 2008
Well I saw Duffy getting ripped a new one at home to Brentford, where he was scared of Hogan, his passing was shit and we collectively were shit. My word has he improved!!!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
Apr 5, 2014
Not.

For.

Sale.

Well, there may be offers that cannot be refused. But we have to wait for next summer for that. We can be confident nothing will be accepted prior.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And I still remember some posters saying we’d bought a donkey in Duffy. And others saying they’d drive Dunk to Fulham and take the money.

He is a donkey, but he's our donkey and that's the only way it'll be. I'd have driven Dunk to Fulham, taken the money and legged it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's usually the attacking players that generate the most excitement..but I love seeing these two defend with their lives for the Albion.

It was a big fear of mine had we not gone up some smart Premier League club might gave swooped for them as a pair.

Not sure I'd trade them for any other PL central defensive partnership and there will be offers if this carries on.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just had a read of some of the West Ham boards. Most fans are on a rant about how shite they were and barely mentioning us.

But one or two shrewdies were saying they'd want both our centre backs. And its what a manager would think having watched that game, Bilic, whoever might replace him, or anyone watching on TV.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Full credit to Hughton and co. for bringing out the best in these players

Agree with this. I think the fact they are so unstoppable and committed as a pair is largely down to the management and chemistry within the team. If they were sold as a pair to another club for silly money I don't think there would be the same commitment or desire to block everything that comes their way.

Hugo Rune

Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
A wall that will not be breached.

Until some big Bois splash the £20mils and take them off us!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They were brilliant

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've seen some great CB partnerships in my time watching this team. Rougvie and Dublin. Cullip and Crosby. Cullip and Morgan. Greer and Upson. But I just cannot come up with the superlatives for Dunk and Duffy. They are like Penn and Teller. Rhubarb and Custard. Cagney and Lacey. Starsky and Hutch. Salt and Vinegar. Yin and Yang. A symbiotic relationship, where one co-exists with the other, and forms a perfect defensive impenetrable organism.

I would not swap either of them for any other defender in the Premier League. There is NOBODY I would rather have at CB than these two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here