Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The scoreline at your first ever Brighton game

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
1-0 win against Shrewsbury, Gary Hart scoring the winner in last evening kick off at Gillingham

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We won the first 16 games I went to. Can't remember the score of the first.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
BHA 0-2 Chelsea. Was a cup game or friendly, I can't quite remember, probably 1974ish - the only Brighton game my data took me to. I have no idea of the first league game I went to.

1973 and Osgood scored both in the FA Cup. I was there too.

First game for me was April 1971 and a 0-2 loss to Halifax.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Sat 15 Mar 2003 Albion 1 - 0 Forest, I'd only moved to Brighton the summer before and a kind bloke from work gave the ticket to me because I was poor and he knew I loved football. He knew exactly what he was doing! Not seen him for years and then bummped into him at Norwich away last season. Top bloke, although the wife might want a word with him.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
6th January 1962 v Blackburn Rovers, FA Cup 3rd Round - lost 3-0 in front of 20,405 cold souls at the Goldstone.....but I was hooked.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I have absolutely no idea.

My only memory was the surprise of not having commentary during the game - I'd been watching too much TV obviously.

Albion 1 - 1 Birmingham

November 7 1981

I had a similar experience to you - after a goalmouth scramble my mind was waiting to see the replay! Quite bizarre :lol:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
1-1 at home to Middlesbrough, March 2012

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Can't recall if it was 0-2 or 1-2 against Villa in the old Division 2. We definitely lost but I was still hooked.
My clearest memory is olfactory - the smell of linament as the players ran out of the tunnel - we were right there by the halfway line at the front of the standing terrace under the Goldstone West Stand. Think I only saw a couple more games that season and for a number of seasons after before we moved down permanently in the early 60's. Up to then my regular home side was Charlton.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Brighton 3 2 Bristol Rovers Oct 1966. 2 0 down with 15 minutes to go and a real comeback. I was there aged 11 and had never heard such noise and support. Yes I was hooked and we went on to draw 1 1 with Chelsea shortly after. I phoned Archie Macaulay (who was in the telephone directory living in Shirley Drive.... how times change) and asked him about ticket availability.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here