Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] tattoos

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I appreciate they are currently fashionable but I do think without trying to sound snobby that there is a link between intelligence and class which mostly with a few exceptions obviously between the type of people that have a tattoo. I.e. Mainly lower intellect working class tradesmen not middle class solicitors or doctors for example.

Nothing against working class tradesman by the way , although they do clog up the road to Saltdean , woodingdean and peacehaven every rush hour morning !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I’m going to need convincing tattoos are ugly......

Attachments

• 3B7EA5AD-D7ED-45EA-8DB3-B6DACA8FF09F.jpeg
    3B7EA5AD-D7ED-45EA-8DB3-B6DACA8FF09F.jpeg
    82.6 KB · Views: 401

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Tattoos are for people with not much intelligence, money that they are prepared to waste, a "look at me" attitude and an intrinsic sheep mentality. So why would footballers want them ?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Tattoos are fashion right now - in my day it was tank-tops, oxford bags and loafers. Now I'm older [and wiser] I wouldn't be seen dead in any of the fashion of my day - bloody glad I'm not fashion following now coz them tats are still gonna be there in 40 years time but the rest of your body won't look as pretty.

Mate of mine calls then twatoos - coz he reckons only tw ats get em done.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If thinking of getting a tattoo then the most important consideration is to be original with your design and ideas. Avoid anything in fashion as it will date. Tribal/ Celtic tattoos really look shit now- and rows of stars are close behind. There are some very good artists around and if you are prepared to pay and take the time you may end up with something pretty decent.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
If thinking of getting a tattoo then the most important consideration is to be original with your design and ideas. Avoid anything in fashion as it will date. Tribal/ Celtic tattoos really look shit now- and rows of stars are close behind. There are some very good artists around and if you are prepared to pay and take the time you may end up with something pretty decent.

Is "decent tattoo" an oxymoron ?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I appreciate they are currently fashionable but I do think without trying to sound snobby that there is a link between intelligence and class which mostly with a few exceptions obviously between the type of people that have a tattoo. I.e. Mainly lower intellect working class tradesmen not middle class solicitors or doctors for example.

Nothing against working class tradesman by the way , although they do clog up the road to Saltdean , woodingdean and peacehaven every rush hour morning !

The same type of tradesmen that run successful businesses, even though they don't have a degree.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
I wonder which of the Brighton players do and don't have tattoos?

Dunk, Duffy, Knockaert, Bong, Gross, Maty and Schelotto have 'em, but what about the rest?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Who actually gives a shit what other people do to their body?

I don't have any tattoos because it's never crossed my mind to get one but I certainly don't go looking at other mens bodies making opinions on them. 40 years ago, this same discussion would've happened but with ear rings. 80 years ago, it would've been about hair cuts, 120 years ago, it would've been about moustaches. In 40 years time it'll be about shaved legs. In 80 years it'll be about pubic hair styles.

A never ending bitch session us men seem to love engaging in.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Oh dear! What have you been up to now!???:mad:

Got pulmonary embolism and pneumonia. Added to that an abnormal heart rate (atrial flutter) and I was close to pegging it. I rang 111 on Tuesday morning and was rushed in by ambulance.Am in good care and eating well but unsure how long I'll be in HDU.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Got pulmonary embolism and pneumonia. Added to that an abnormal heart rate (atrial flutter) and I was close to pegging it. I rang 111 on Tuesday morning and was rushed in by ambulance.Am in good care and eating well but unsure how long I'll be in HDU.

Oh, so sorry! I was expecting you to post some mental exploit. A friend of mine had similar a few years back, they are OK now, but have to be careful.
Take care

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is that why he doesn't have sex with his girlfriend and chooses to have surrogate mothers for his children? Makes sense.

He really is the love child of Grace Jones and Cliff Richard, and he clearly takes after his father.... allegedly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Blimey and I thought I was a bit reactionary some times. In the 1960s pople used to say similar about 'mixed' marriage. :facepalm:

A son of my best mate is an amazing tattooist. A personalized piece of body art can be breathtaking.

That said I have none. The reason is.....my business :lolol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Who actually gives a shit what other people do to their body?

I don't have any tattoos because it's never crossed my mind to get one but I certainly don't go looking at other mens bodies making opinions on them. 40 years ago, this same discussion would've happened but with ear rings. 80 years ago, it would've been about hair cuts, 120 years ago, it would've been about moustaches. In 40 years time it'll be about shaved legs. In 80 years it'll be about pubic hair styles.

A never ending bitch session us men seem to love engaging in.

Yeah. When I was 16 (70s) my mum paid for me to have my ears pierced. I forgot to mention that I was getting one ear pierced twice, she went berserk. As timed past she ended up with more piercings than me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here