Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How happy are you with the Albion's start this season?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I agree with CH. I think we could do better on the ball esp in our last two games.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Can't say I am too unhappy so far.............oh I can't keep this up, I am over the bloody moon. I know it is a long way to go yet but up to this point this is beyond my wildest dreams to be honest. What I am loving is how the team are truly playing as a team, and how we as fans have really stepped up to the challenge. I think we as a club have brought passion and true team spirit to the PL - which is a refreshing change to all the over hyped histrionics of the usual PL circus.
Sorry I have realised that I have started waffling!!! The emotion of tonight and the beers are starting to sink in!!! Just want to say , I bloody love this club, these players and you lot!!!
Albion till I die!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Pretty much 25% through the season, looking at 44pts... that'll do.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Loving it. Still thrilled to be in the Premier League. Beyond thrilled to see us in there really competing. Can't stop smiling.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
My original prediction was 12th-13th but i can now see us easily finishing top half if we stay injury free and keep our best players. It's been a great start.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I do pretty much, a couple more points would not have flattered us though.

Totally agree we could have had more, it wouldn't be too ridiculous to say we could easily have been 5 points better off... in a perverse way I am glad we didn't as those extra points would have put us 4th, which I think would have heaped pressure on the team to maintain the standard - think Huddersfield from their first 3 games.

Equally, I hope we don't rue those missed opportunities come the end of the season, for whatever reason.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I think top-half speculation is a bit over-excited... But personally I am definitely excited about the team, and think it's fair to say our earlier games were a bit tentative, and we have improved, and are looking good; like a competitive team that belongs where we are! Great progress, exciting days!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
in a perverse way I am glad we didn't as those extra points would have put us 4th, which I think would have heaped pressure on the team to maintain the standard - think Huddersfield from their first 3 games.
I'd hope that wouldn't be the case. When Leicester won the title, Ranieri kept insisting the goal was to be safe from relegation right up until they had over 40 points, then he said the goal was Champions League. Once top 4 was guaranteed, then he said the goal was the title. Even if we were flying I'd expect Chris to know the goal is still survival, and we'd all know it too.

And I don't think Huddersfield have been under too much pressure from doing well in their first games, the fact is they're going to have to battle all season like us. The points they got at the start are still very useful for them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Delighted with our season - probably with the exception of the Leicester and Bournemouth loses, but best to forget about those matches.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Delighted with our season - probably with the exception of the Leicester and Bournemouth loses, but best to forget about those matches.

I was saying to someone last night that the Leicester game kind of came too early in the season. 2 games in and Brighton still getting established in the top division, that was probably not an ideal time to play a team packed with experience. Whereas roll on a few weeks and Brighton have gained a lot of confidence and now feel at home in the top flight, whereas Leicester's confidence has very quickly dissipated.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here