[Albion] Old Trafford from Manchester Piccadilly

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So what's the easiest way?
How long does it take?
Can I buy a train ticket to take me all the way?
Would I make a 6pm Virgin train home?

Catch a tram �� from Piccadilly, although you’d be better going to Piccadilly Gardens. There will be huge queues at end of match so 6pm return touch and go. You would be better walking a mile or so towards town and getting an Uber.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Catch a tram �� from Piccadilly, although you’d be better going to Piccadilly Gardens. There will be huge queues at end of match so 6pm return touch and go. You would be better walking a mile or so towards town and getting an Uber.

The Altrincham tram takes you to either Trafford Bar or Old Trafford (the cricket ground).
The East Didsbury and Manchester Airport trams take you to Trafford Bar.
The Eccles and Media City trams take you to Exchange Quay or Media City. There are,loads of places to eat at the latter.
All of these stops are about a ten minute walk from Old Trafford

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Catch a tram from Piccadilly, although you’d be better going to Piccadilly Gardens. There will be huge queues at end of match so 6pm return touch and go. You would be better walking a mile or so towards town and getting an Uber.

Agree tram is the easiest way, but I would go from the station - not Piccadilly Gardens. You can buy a tram ticket on match days from sellers in front of the station. Piccadilly Gardens will be heaving and the trams already packed by the time they get there.

Going back, you should make it back by 6 if you are quick getting out. The away fans enclosure at OT is right in front of the road down to the tram station by the cricket ground. Agree with EP that a good alternative would be to walk down the road to Trafford Bar and get an Uber. It is walkable, but tricky and not very user friendly when you get to the roundabout by the Mancunian Way. Easier walk is down the Bridgwater Canal through Castlefield but it'll be pitch black after the game so that only really works on light evenings......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Greeko

May 17, 2007
Eastbourne
According to the football ground guide the best bet is to get the train from Manchester United Football Ground Station to Piccadilly which takes about 10 minutes and the entrance is immediately outside the away end.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
According to the football ground guide the best bet is to get the train from Manchester United Football Ground Station to Piccadilly which takes about 10 minutes and the entrance is immediately outside the away end.

Yeah, but it's an hour wait for the tram in the massive queues

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Bring a waterproof coat, it's always f@@@ing raining here! My advice, get a tram. If not in a hurry go via the city centre, stop of at the Britons Protection pub for a few pints and walk it.just remember it's then only three days til Palace. Maybe we should play our reserves.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah, but it's an hour wait for the tram in the massive queues

Hang on a minute... surely that can't be right? According to a lot of people on here the AMEX is the ONLY stadium where you have to queue for public transport after a match.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Hang on a minute... surely that can't be right? According to a lot of people on here the AMEX is the ONLY stadium where you have to queue for public transport after a match.

TBF, for the people that moan about transport at the Amex it's probably the ONLY stadium they go to!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If people are moaning about the train queues at the Amex I cannot wait for their reaction to waiting for the Underground from Wembley Park after the Spurs game.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So what's the easiest way?
How long does it take?
Can I buy a train ticket to take me all the way?
Would I make a 6pm Virgin train home?

Capture.PNG

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Good advice so far about getting home but what about getting to the ground. Is the Tram to Man U FC a good idea?

Be careful about confusing train and tram.

To get to the ground, the best way is a tram from Piccadilly station. The Old Trafford tram stop is right outside the cricket ground and it's a 5-10 minute walk to the football ground. If you don't want to walk it back to the city after the game, this is the best way back too. If you get away quickly you should make it to Piccadilly Station by 6.

The post by GOM above is actually the overground train. The kiosk down to the platform is right outside the away fans entrance to the ground. DO NOT USE THIS! It is a absolute nightmare and as he advises, this is a much longer wait than the tram.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here