Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex purchase history

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Gutted I cant get tickets for the Southampton game on my birthday as I don't have purchase history at the Amex.. So if ya don't have purchase history ya cant get purchase history. Why isn't a long history of buying tickets for away games just as valid. Obviously destined to not see the Albion play in the premier league. Which is a shame since my youngest son has turned into a big fan these last couple years too. And why haven't the club kept purchase history from The Goldstone, or Gillingham where a went a few times. So annoyed I sat in the Doncaster end now with my mates when I came down to the Amex on that opening league game there.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Do you not know anybody with history that can add you to their friends and family list and then get them to purchase you tickets that way ?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Do you not know anybody with history that can add you to their friends and family list and then get them to purchase you tickets that way ?
Afraid not.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
If you bought away tickets via the club you would have a purchase history.
No it's not what's required. Need Amex purchase history. Had same problem trying to get tickets for away game at Lincoln last season. Thought it was stupid then as have lots of away game purchase history from the club.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
So, how come home purchase [points] helps you to buy away tickets but away ticket purchase is not recognised for home ticket purchase - that don't seem right ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You will be ale to see the Albion in the PL, just get a ticket for a home game where they go on general sale, as no previous Amex purchase history is required.
No doubt the requirement for the Southampton game is to ensure that no Southampton fans are able to buy tickets in home areas of the ground.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
So, how come home purchase [points] helps you to buy away tickets but away ticket purchase is not recognised for home ticket purchase - that don't seem right ?
Think it is to do with other fans selling out their share. Example to stop Lincoln buying In Brighton end. Or in this case Southampton buying in Brighton home end

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gutted I cant get tickets for the Southampton game on my birthday as I don't have purchase history at the Amex.. So if ya don't have purchase history ya cant get purchase history. Why isn't a long history of buying tickets for away games just as valid. Obviously destined to not see the Albion play in the premier league. Which is a shame since my youngest son has turned into a big fan these last couple years too. And why haven't the club kept purchase history from The Goldstone, or Gillingham where a went a few times. So annoyed I sat in the Doncaster end now with my mates when I came down to the Amex on that opening league game there.

Where you went a few times. Are you serious ? The club was a broke, 2-bob lower division noddy league SHAMBLES in those days. The notion of them having some kind of 25 year old digital database, logging the fans purchase history at the Goldstone and Gillingham is laughable. Maybe if you rock up to the Amex ticket office with a fistful of crumpled ticket stubs from 20-25 years ago you can try to argue a case for a Southampton ticket. But otherwise, you'll just have to join the queue with everyone else I'm afraid.

I wanted a ticket for West Ham and Man U, but didn't have the points. Thats life.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It’s probably a bit of a long shot but does anyone know if a reserve game shows up on purchase history? I can’t readily check from over here but it might just solve the OP’s problem for a couple of quid. Make sure it’s being played at Falmer, mind.

In all likelihood PB and friends have probably been a bit too canny to leave this back door open but it might be worth a shot.

Of course, now I’ve pointed it out, I am sure they’re checking it for themselves :ffsparr:

You say your youngest has turned into a big fan. I assume this means hes registered as a young seagull / Gullys gang?

If so, he will be able to buy a ticket, and for the Saints game, you're in luck, as you can buy 2 tickets per membership.

Consider taking a bronze membership to ease your path to getting seats for the glory games too.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
You say your youngest has turned into a big fan. I assume this means hes registered as a young seagull / Gullys gang?

If so, he will be able to buy a ticket, and for the Saints game, you're in luck, as you can buy 2 tickets per membership.

Consider taking a bronze membership to ease your path to getting seats for the glory games too.
I started a thread asking about bronze membership etc the other day and came to the conclusion it ain't really worth it for me as mainly want to go away games. This visit to the Amex is really just a one off or a rare occasion so I can get the purchase history. And so my lad can see the Amex. Am not sure even the bronze membership would entitle me to tickets for a game where purchase history is needed anyway.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
I started a thread asking about bronze membership etc the other day and came to the conclusion it ain't really worth it for me as mainly want to go away games. This visit to the Amex is really just a one off or a rare occasion so I can get the purchase history. And so my lad can see the Amex. Am not sure even the bronze membership would entitle me to tickets for a game where purchase history is needed anyway.

Just buy a Young Seagull membership (with extra benefits than just ticket access) and stop whinging. You say it's a one off but if it becomes easier to buy it might encourage you to go again.

Just sounds like you're being tight to be honest and this is a thread hoping a random will come in and save you 25 quid

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Just buy a Young Seagull membership (with extra benefits than just ticket access) and stop whinging. You say it's a one off but if it becomes easier to buy it might encourage you to go again.

Just sounds like you're being tight to be honest and this is a thread hoping a random will come in and save you 25 quid

Yeah ok.

Assuming your lad isnt a young seagulls member then as you didnt comment on that solution.

Sign him up.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
No he isn't. And think I will do just that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here