Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace at home

el punal

The less kids and women there the better. I hope The Amex is a cauldron of hatred for this game.

You might wish for this but it will never happen. You have to go back to the Mullery/Venables era of the 1970s to really appreciate the unadulterated loathing each set of fans felt for other. For me, it was post match after the FA Cup travesty at Stamford Bridge in 1976, apoplectic doesn't even come close to describe my feelings that night.

The Amex fixture will be like a Womens Institute discussion on cakes by comparison.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
You might wish for this but it will never happen. You have to go back to the Mullery/Venables era of the 1970s to really appreciate the unadulterated loathing each set of fans felt for other. For me, it was post match after the FA Cup travesty at Stamford Bridge in 1976, apoplectic doesn't even come close to describe my feelings that night.

The Amex fixture will be like a Womens Institute discussion on cakes by comparison.

Sadly I remember that game like it was yesterday.

I might have enough hate for them to fill the stadium on my own.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I'm bringing my work colleague with me to the palace game. He's a Gooner but this is his second Albion game with me this season so I think he's slowly being converted......plus he's genuinely obsessed with the pies.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm bringing my work colleague with me to the palace game. He's a Gooner but this is his second Albion game with me this season so I think he's slowly being converted......plus he's genuinely obsessed with the pies.
Might be a bit of an eye opener :lolol:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
And why not ? Can't we have a pint or two with our mates go to a football match shout and scream at each other then just go home ? It is 2017 not 1980 surly we have got past all that ��
:lolol:

Good luck,

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
And why not ? Can't we have a pint or two with our mates go to a football match shout and scream at each other then just go home ? It is 2017 not 1980 surly we have got past all that ��

Depends on your age.

When you are old school, the feeling you have towards them orrible pikey inbreds will never die.

If all the shiny new fans understand the rivalry and what it really means to both teams, then they should hate them too.

We hate Palace.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Depends on your age.

When you are old school, the feeling you have towards them orrible pikey inbreds will never die.

If all the shiny new fans understand the rivalry and what it really means to both teams, then they should hate them too.

We hate Palace.

Bang on. As far as I am concerned if you don't hate Palace you ain't BHA end of.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Bang on. As far as I am concerned if you don't hate Palace you ain't BHA end of.

Well I am old school and I don't HATE Brighton there are teams I dislike more if I am honest, I do love beating the football team Brighton but have no malice against people who support Brighton. If you can dislike people because of the football team they support you really need to take a long hard look at yourself.

I enjoy the pantomime of it all but to physically hurt someone because of football is beyond me. ( I say that being in my 50s not so sure I would have in my teens)

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Well I am old school and I don't HATE Brighton there are teams I dislike more if I am honest, I do love beating the football team Brighton but have no malice against people who support Brighton. If you can dislike people because of the football team they support you really need to take a long hard look at yourself.

I enjoy the pantomime of it all but to physically hurt someone because of football is beyond me. ( I say that being in my 50s not so sure I would have in my teens)

You may not but there's loads of your lot who do, likewise down here. Similar age to you, it's the ONLY one I'd properly turn out for these days.

Turning the corner into Goldstone Lane in '74 and having a mob of yours calling my old man -(born in Streatham!)- a w4nker because his 10 year old son had the temerity to have a blue and white scarf around his wrist, left an indelible impression which lasts to this day and which, over the ensuing years and meetings, I've always seen as an opportunity as payback for him.

So, yeah, I do hate the scum!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008

If you had been involved in the many scuffles over the years your opinion would be different.

During the heady of football violence when Brighton v the inbreds was at its height that is all you did. The country was involved, like it, hate it, its what we did at football during that period.

If you don't hate Brighton, you just don't get it.

Its not panto, its serious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here