Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] What is the traditional metal for an engagement ring?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Stainless steel is nice and hard wearing, looks good and is affordable.

I think 'hers' is platinum. Was relatively affordable
Platinum is nice, more expensive than gold though. Depends in the lady likes the gold or silver colour.

Platinum and gold are the obvious answers. Not white gold unless you can't afford platinum.

mylesfdo

Jan 25, 2015
Dunno if a specific 'traditional' metal is there?

Guess depends on tase and budget but if pushed would guess either platinum or white gold!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There isn't a traditional metal as such, but you need to make sure the wedding ring is the same or one will damage the other. Mine are both 18ct gold.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bismuth.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sodium is an excellent choice. If she loses the ring in the swimming pool on honeymoon, it'll float, making recovery a cinch. Store it in oil overnight and buff it up in the morning. Job's a good'un

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sodium is an excellent choice. If she loses the ring in the swimming pool on honeymoon, it'll float, making recovery a cinch. Store it in oil overnight and buff it up in the morning. Job's a good'un

Good jape. As well you know, sodium in water explodes - enter the au pair, full of 'condolence'. Life insurance claim, jobza goodun.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Shiny silver looking coated polyurethane looks pretty convincing theses days. Nice and shiny anyway. Should get the immediate short term result. Easily disposable too.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For me it has to be Lawrencium. It is 'a bit' on the heavy side (ahem), completely unstable, and precious as ****. A portent of things to come?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here