Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Bruno said anything publicly about his brains storming moment yet?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I still maintain he was unlucky. Had it been lower and he had pushed the bloke in the chest as so often happens (and had happened to him just before) I really don't think it would have been given. Not his fault the guy was a dwarf.

Dwarf!? Was it not 6'2" Dominic Calvert-Lewin!?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
The ref was dying to give them a penalty. Bruno gave him that opportunity. I'm not annoyed at Bruno, I'm annoyed at the ref - as if this was a penalty then we should have had several,

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
We drew. Against Everton. Who have never been out of the Prem and finished 7th last year.

One it doesn't take too long to get over, as far as I'm concerned.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
LOL - nothing received here, I just hope we aren't crying about these 2 points come next May.

Anyone can make a mistake ie a bad pass, losing possession, a wayward header, but to target a 19 year old for assault in that way was shocking tbh.

He created our goal, ffs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is no doubting that he took a chance, probably out of anger, and was caught out as the ref quire rightly gave them a penalty, any other shouts for a penalty were immaterial. He will have been annoyed with himself but we move on.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
That's how I see it Bensgrandad, an 89th minute anger issue from a shove in his back, to the need for retribution on a different scale. Oh well, I'm over it, talking about it has helped. :albion2:

aolstudios, you haven't properly read the thread, this was acknowledged at 09:28.

Hamilton

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I'm still as annoyed with him today, as I was at 15:17 pm on Sunday tbh! :moo:

Don’t get me started on Gordon Smith either. I still wake up in a rage every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brovion

Jul 6, 2003
He said he's very sorry, for a moment he thought he was Frank Bruno

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
LOL - nothing received here, I just hope we aren't crying about these 2 points come next May.

Anyone can make a mistake ie a bad pass, losing possession, a wayward header, but to target a 19 year old for assault in that way was shocking tbh.

If you are one to linger on the past - think back to last year V Boro at home where we lost 3-0 - If we'd kept them to 2 we would have been promoted to the Prem last year but nobody [at the time] really saw the huge relevance that third goal was to have 5 months later. Who shall we blame?

As my Mam used to say: "If Ifs and Ans were Pots and Pans, they'rd be no place for tinkers".

There will be dozens of "events" over a season where one could look back and think "if only" - but you really can't support a football club with that kind of mindset - you'd get sectioned ....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Over the years there has been many games that we lost early season at home which didnt seem important at the time as we still had a lot of points to play for but we missed promotion by losing that game and IF.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Well Gazz , i actually spoke to him about it during lunch on monday and he became unusually agitated, after a rather uncomfotable silence he pulled a a dairylea triangle from out of his puffa jacket and began to peel it in a very erratic manner , i by now wish i hadn't asked as it was clear he was very upset and angry because he started to eat the triangle with some of the silver foil clinging to the soft tasty cheese , you just knew what was going to happen next , and it did , contact between silver foil and tooth filling , Mamma Mia ! JODER MIERDA TONTO DEL CULO , we were asked to keep it down a bit by Clive/Clyde ? ( hard to tell his exact name as he had part of his badge obscured by a blob of ketchup ) , the assistant manager of the Wimpey bar , anyway to cut a long story short he knows what he did was reckless and wished it had never happened , but he also said if it wasn't for him then mere mortal people with beards would still be classed as smelly lazy razorless hippies , hard to disagree with that tbh .

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Izquierdo to announce his Premier League arrival with a barnstorming, match winning performance*

*results may vary

Edit: Wrong thread. Ignore. Must stop posting when off night shifts.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I love Bruno and undoubtedly he is probably one of the most skilful players ever to play for the club and we are lucky to be around to witness. However he does seem to make a bad mistake once or twice a season which might be a reason for him not fulfilling his true potential (I.e playing regular champions league level football). I say this by no means being disrespectful to the club we all love.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
If you listen to Chris' interview about it, he obviously concedes it was a penalty but he doesn't lay any blame, so I would imagine they have just decided to take a communal line of ''soft penalty'' and leave it at that.

However I have a slightly different theory - but don't know if I am correct because it's hard to tell from the video evidence.

Bruno actually gets shoved before the free kick is taken for the opposition players to get away from him. Bruno then takes his eye of ''the ball quite literally'' - He goes looking to retaliate and in the interim, he doesn't realise that the free kick has actually been taken and that the game has restarted and that when he does what he does it then becomes a penalty. I just think he may have done it not even knowing that the free kick had been taken at that point because he had pre-occupied himself with all that was going on around him

Sorry, but pure fantasy. He has been immense, except for Watford, and he lost his composure, probably due to the pressure in the last few moments of a game we were winning. I don't believe for one minute he didn't know the free kick had been taken. You don't need to be brain of Britain to realize that when everyone is on the move. I was angry at the time because his shenanigans in the area at corners is likely to lead to more penalties but more than this is the fact he hasn't apologized to the fans. It wasn't a soft penalty and he was lucky not to have been sent off. He's a professional so I'm sure he knows that so to come out will all that guff about a soft penalty is ludicrous. Man up, own up and then move on.

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
He said in the Argus he thought it was a soft penalty:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nalty_would_have_been_given_in_the_other_box/

Seems to be pretty much in the minority on that one.

Personally i thought he was lucky not to be sent off, but Andy Carroll i guess was booked (twice) for doing similar.

Stupid and a moment of madness, but I can forgive him that...... even if it cost two points. Chris Hughton is not making a fuss about it. I read some comment about that sort of thing staying amongst the team.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The ref was dying to give them a penalty. Bruno gave him that opportunity. I'm not annoyed at Bruno, I'm annoyed at the ref - as if this was a penalty then we should have had several,

Complete and utter rubbish. I can only assume you failed to see Gross attempting to yank Sigurdsson's jersey off him in the penalty area earlier in that half; you'll never see a clearer penalty incident.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Complete and utter rubbish. I can only assume you failed to see Gross attempting to yank Sigurdsson's jersey off him in the penalty area earlier in that half; you'll never see a clearer penalty incident.

I can only presume you didn't actually go to the game then? The ref gave them everything - did you miss the ironic cheers when he finally awarded us a decision? It was a shocking performance.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I can only presume you didn't actually go to the game then? The ref gave them everything - did you miss the ironic cheers when he finally awarded us a decision? It was a shocking performance.

You were watching a different game to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here