Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Has Bruno said anything publicly about his brains storming moment yet?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then you're in for a very very long season.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
I'm still as annoyed with him today, as I was at 15:17 pm on Sunday tbh! :moo:

You really need to grow some. He did what a lot of defenders do at set plays, was unlucky to be spotted.

He has been immense this season and anyone not forgiving him this one mistake is a total tool in my book.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
You really need to grow some. He did what a lot of defenders do at set plays, was unlucky to be spotted.

He has been immense this season and anyone not forgiving him this one mistake is a total tool in my book.

Even with the Brighton-tinted spectacles on....that is a VERY generous description of what happened.

If he was penalised for grabbing the shirt? Yes, it would be a foul but you could classify it as "a lot of defenders do it"

However, looking at the guy you had clearly decided you were going to leave one on, wait for the kick to be taken, and then slamming and arm into him is not the norm or 'unlucky' to be spotted.

And trust me, I LOVE Bruno and I'm over any anger about it.....but let's not kid ourselves that he was, in any way, unlucky.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
He was an idiot and made a mistake, but it's been and gone. Move on. Still a top player and he deserves to be forgiven.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Wow. Rather than a brain, Bruno's got brains. Is that what makes the flairmeister's technique so good?

Yep, a simple mis-type and unable to edit as in subject line.

Thanks Tom Hark, that's what I hadn't seen, just wondered if he offered any explanation for his moment following a very good game from him, and a hand in our goal. How much was he provoked?

el punal

I'm still as annoyed with him today, as I was at 15:17 pm on Sunday tbh! :moo:

Then go on an anger management course! It happened, it was an error, get over it. There will be many occasions this season where decisions or mistakes will be made both in our favour and against. Untwist your knickers and live a little.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He said in the Argus he thought it was a soft penalty:

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...nalty_would_have_been_given_in_the_other_box/

Seems to be pretty much in the minority on that one.

If you listen to Chris' interview about it, he obviously concedes it was a penalty but he doesn't lay any blame, so I would imagine they have just decided to take a communal line of ''soft penalty'' and leave it at that.

However I have a slightly different theory - but don't know if I am correct because it's hard to tell from the video evidence.

Bruno actually gets shoved before the free kick is taken for the opposition players to get away from him. Bruno then takes his eye of ''the ball quite literally'' - He goes looking to retaliate and in the interim, he doesn't realise that the free kick has actually been taken and that the game has restarted and that when he does what he does it then becomes a penalty. I just think he may have done it not even knowing that the free kick had been taken at that point because he had pre-occupied himself with all that was going on around him

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If you listen to Chris' interview about it, he obviously concedes it was a penalty but he doesn't lay any blame, so I would imagine they have just decided to take a communal line of ''soft penalty'' and leave it at that.

However I have a slightly different theory - but don't know if I am correct because it's hard to tell from the video evidence.

Bruno actually gets shoved before the free kick is taken for the opposition players to get away from him. Bruno then takes his eye of ''the ball quite literally'' - He goes looking to retaliate and in the interim, he doesn't realise that the free kick has actually been taken and that the game has restarted and that when he does what he does it then becomes a penalty. I just think he may have done it not even knowing that the free kick had been taken at that point because he had pre-occupied himself with all that was going on around him

I rest the case for the defence M'lord

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
He sent me a text to say he feels uncomfortable apologising publically but that he was happy to text his adoring supporters individually to say sorry and that he wished he'd been a little more subtle and to please forgive him.

Surprised you've not yet got your personal text yet Gazz.

They'll be bigger gaffs made by other players during the season - have to let it go ....

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

I think we should send you to represent the club next time we have to appeal a red card.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
Aug 8, 2005
I still maintain he was unlucky. Had it been lower and he had pushed the bloke in the chest as so often happens (and had happened to him just before) I really don't think it would have been given. Not his fault the guy was a dwarf.

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
He sent me a text to say he feels uncomfortable apologising publically but that he was happy to text his adoring supporters individually to say sorry and that he wished he'd been a little more subtle and to please forgive him.

Surprised you've not yet got your personal text yet Gazz.

They'll be bigger gaffs made by other players during the season - have to let it go ....

LOL - nothing received here, I just hope we aren't crying about these 2 points come next May.

Anyone can make a mistake ie a bad pass, losing possession, a wayward header, but to target a 19 year old for assault in that way was shocking tbh.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here