Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Idiots

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Even after he's attacked the lad still stands his ground whilst the cowards run away.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What crime has the guy in the grey top committed?

He could have been charged under joint enterprise law - and a couple of years ago, he probably would have been. Someone I knew got banged up for this some years back, when a mate of his smacked someone with a bit of fencing.

A supreme court ruling has changed all this though. Last year, it was found that this has been too harshly interpreted so my guess is that the bloke in the grey top would not be charged now.

They should throw the book at his mate though

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
He could have been charged under joint enterprise law - and a couple of years ago, he probably would have been. Someone I knew got banged up for this some years back, when a mate of his smacked someone with a bit of fencing.

A supreme court ruling has changed all this though. Last year, it was found that this has been too harshly interpreted so my guess is that the bloke in the grey top would not be charged now.

They should throw the book at his mate though

Joint Enterprise was a complete farce of a law. This incident is precisely the sort where it was misused.

Even if the victim and the lad in the grey top were having words, that's completely different to someone else with him bottling the victim both unprovoked and also blindsided. Utter cowardice from the guy in the black coat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don’t know Triggaaar ? Accomplice ? Accessory ?

I honestly don’t know, I therefore apologise for my rash comment.
Lol, no apology necessary. I'd simply imagine he'd say he was just arguing with the victim when some idiot turned up and smacked them with a bottle. No really his fault (even though he is probably a **** too).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He could have been charged under joint enterprise law - and a couple of years ago, he probably would have been.
I don't think so, even under the old interpretation I don't think he could have foreseen the other guy turning up and smacking him with a ****ing bottle.
Someone I knew got banged up for this some years back, when a mate of his smacked someone with a bit of fencing.
Really? I bet there's a bit more to that story.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Lol, no apology necessary. I'd simply imagine he'd say he was just arguing with the victim when some idiot turned up and smacked them with a bottle. No really his fault (even though he is probably a **** too).

Didn't you read the post? If that's true, he was racist and threw a wine bottle assuming they meant him..? But yes, we don't know for sure. I think the girl says 'come on then' to the poor kid - some females like to Stoke the fire unfortunately...

Edit - I misread the post!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
What crime has the guy in the grey top committed?

He has aided and abetted a criminal attack.....if he does n't have the dialogue then the opportunity to attack is removed or reduced.His only saving action will be to give his 'mate' up, if he does n't do that then he is intentionally sheltering/hiding information about a crime. We are too soft on people like this.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think so, even under the old interpretation I don't think he could have foreseen the other guy turning up and smacking him with a ****ing bottle.
Really? I bet there's a bit more to that story.

It's hard to tell: the problem with joint enterprise (as was) is that it depends on second guessing. But if the bloke with the bottle had past history, or had been heard making racist remarks, or had threatened someone with a bottle then, yes, the guy in grey could well have been charged - it was a horribly vague law. I was on a jury once when someone was charged under JE and we found him not guilty as we all believed that he couldn't have anticipated his mate's actions.

As for the fencing story, I don't know. It wasn't someone I knew well- it was the brother of my then girlfriend's mate. His story was that he knew nothing and was the innocent party but he sounded like a bit of a dick so, who knows?

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Unlikely to get caught if unknown to the police. This is what I was told by the police when a similar attack occurred to me, i got away lightly just got head butted with a badly cut eye that required a couple of stitches. This was three months ago and I’m yet to hear from the police after taking a statement from me the day after I was attacked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He has aided and abetted a criminal attack
By standing there talking to someone? No.
His only saving action will be to give his 'mate' up, if he does n't do that then he is intentionally sheltering/hiding information about a crime.
But that's a crime he hadn't committed at the time of the video.
aiding and abetting.
He didn't aide or abet.
I was on a jury once when someone was charged under JE and we found him not guilty as we all believed that he couldn't have anticipated his mate's actions.
The guy with the bottle is behind the guy in the grey top, he can't see what he's about to do, and he looks shocked when it happens. I don't see how he'd go to prison for that.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
By standing there talking to someone? No.
But that's a crime he hadn't committed at the time of the video.
He didn't aide or abet.
The guy with the bottle is behind the guy in the grey top, he can't see what he's about to do, and he looks shocked when it happens. I don't see how he'd go to prison for that.

Trigg it’s late, we don’t wanna have a tear up and let’s all agree he probably won’t go to jail and no crime could probably be proved....

But can we agree to disagree on him doing porridge, but all agree he’s a cockwomble...

Yeah ?

Now let’s try and go back to sleep (another nightmare, that’s three this week) it’s nearly 4am.....

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If the same crime took place in West St involving rival football fans the offender would have the OB crashing through the front door at 5am a couple of days later. Back to to this case I doubt he will get caught sadly.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
If the same crime took place in West St involving rival football fans the offender would have the OB crashing through the front door at 5am a couple of days later. Back to to this case I doubt he will get caught sadly.

I wouldn’t be so sure. The Argus has at last got a hold of the story and the police will be under pressure to sort more than normal because of the racist element and foreign student victims. Must be loads of cctv in that area too.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
My step daughter is around that age and may know or hear about who was involved. I'll definitely let the old bill know if I hear anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here