Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Idiots

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
So often the people arrested for attacks in Brighton are from out of town; these two heroes are from Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath. It seems to be "a thing" to come into Brighton looking for foreign students or gay people to duff-up and then scarper back out to hicksville...

twiggles

Feb 14, 2014
In cases like this where it seems a pretty open and shut case. Are the defendants still advised to plea not guilty?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
In cases like this where it seems a pretty open and shut case. Are the defendants still advised to plea not guilty?

I’ve always wondered that. How can a lawyer defend someone when he/she believe they are guilty and have a flimsy defence yet the defendant insists on pleading not guilty/having a trial. I know they can refuse to take on the case but someone has to.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I’ve always wondered that. How can a lawyer defend someone when he/she believe they are guilty and have a flimsy defence yet the defendant insists on pleading not guilty/having a trial. I know they can refuse to take on the case but someone has to.

A lawyers job is to look after his client, nothing else.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Good, plebs.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
My son was headbutted by a known chav **** in Whitstable nearly 20 years ago. The CPS dcided to not prosecute. And the ***** expect me to declare all my income? Yes sir, happy to bend over, sir. The country and its po faced genuflection to law and order and doing the right thing is a joke.

And this was 20 years ago before the citing of stretched resources was not such an issue. Their attitude is going a long way to creating a vigilante mentality. Soon people will just totally bypass the police to get justice. The irony is if your son had done such a thing and exacted his own punishment the police and CPS would then have been prompted into action and your son would have been prosecuted and his attackers treated as victims and prosecution witnesses.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Do you honestly think I would hide a bulge like that?

Even Batman gets jealous.

You're right, he does. In the original TV series Robin's bulge became such a problem that the National Legion of Decency got involved. Burt Ward the actor who played Robin devotes quite a few pages in his autobiography talking about his bulge and suggests Adam West (Batman) was indeed envious.

A clip from this article discusses this in some detail:

"It was so big that when Ward tried to stuff "the Beast in the Bat trunks" (one of Ward's many nicknames for his penis) into those skimpy green shorts, studio execs were fielding complaints from the National Legion of Decency, who were offended by Robin's bulge. The costume designers futilely tried to hide the protrusion using various restraints and even layering Robin's green underwear. When all that failed, the studio sent him to a less than reputable doctor who prescribed a course of mystery pills that would supposedly "shrink" the Boy Wonder's wonder. Luckily, Ward stopped taking them before any bodily damage was done. He is emphatically clear on this point.
Shockingly, it's been suggested that Ward's creeptastic claims are wildly exaggerated. The only source to any of these claims is Ward's autobiography, released by a publishing company that A) is owned by Ward, and 2) has never published another book. Though to be fair, West confirmed in his own autobiography that the costume designers needed to find a way to reduce Robin's bulge to make it appropriate for prime time TV, but that could just as easily be attributed to the fact that Robin was wearing a tiny pair of underpants.

Ward, we should note, spends a significant portion of his memoir accusing West of being envious of "the monster" (another official Ward dickname) and embarrassed of the inferior size of his own Batmanaconda. Whether or not this specific accusation is true, we now know that in every single episode of Batman, Robin was silently thinking up new names for the crotch bulge he was convinced everyone around him was staring at.
"

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And this was 20 years ago before the citing of stretched resources was not such an issue. Their attitude is going a long way to creating a vigilante mentality. Soon people will just totally bypass the police to get justice. The irony is if your son had done such a thing and exacted his own punishment the police and CPS would then have been prompted into action and your son would have been prosecuted and his attackers treated as victims and prosecution witnesses.

Quite. Also, vengance is best delivered cold, ideally many years later. In my own case (sound of spooky music) everyone who has crossed me over the years in any meaningful way has received their come uppance. I don't have to lift a finger - it just seems to happen. Weird. I suspect the clown who nutted my son is stewing in his own piss somewhere now, while my son is enjoying quite a pleasing life. :shrug:Anyway.... moving on....

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
You're right, he does. In the original TV series Robin's bulge became such a problem that the National Legion of Decency got involved. Burt Ward the actor who played Robin devotes quite a few pages in his autobiography talking about his bulge and suggests Adam West (Batman) was indeed envious.

A clip from this article discusses this in some detail:

"It was so big that when Ward tried to stuff "the Beast in the Bat trunks" (one of Ward's many nicknames for his penis) into those skimpy green shorts, studio execs were fielding complaints from the National Legion of Decency, who were offended by Robin's bulge. The costume designers futilely tried to hide the protrusion using various restraints and even layering Robin's green underwear. When all that failed, the studio sent him to a less than reputable doctor who prescribed a course of mystery pills that would supposedly "shrink" the Boy Wonder's wonder. Luckily, Ward stopped taking them before any bodily damage was done. He is emphatically clear on this point.
Shockingly, it's been suggested that Ward's creeptastic claims are wildly exaggerated. The only source to any of these claims is Ward's autobiography, released by a publishing company that A) is owned by Ward, and 2) has never published another book. Though to be fair, West confirmed in his own autobiography that the costume designers needed to find a way to reduce Robin's bulge to make it appropriate for prime time TV, but that could just as easily be attributed to the fact that Robin was wearing a tiny pair of underpants.

Ward, we should note, spends a significant portion of his memoir accusing West of being envious of "the monster" (another official Ward dickname) and embarrassed of the inferior size of his own Batmanaconda. Whether or not this specific accusation is true, we now know that in every single episode of Batman, Robin was silently thinking up new names for the crotch bulge he was convinced everyone around him was staring at.
"

Holy Anaconda !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here