Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Eastbourne District General Hospital

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Just had my plaster cast off and I must say the staff here are fantastic. In contrast to my local hospital the RSCH where I tried for painkillers the day after I had the cast put on @EDGH.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
RSCH often get poor reviews although their cardiac department is one of the best in the country.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
RSCH often get poor reviews although their cardiac department is one of the best in the country.

I can add that the Renal department is fantastic at RSCH - they cannot do enough for me and many other dialysis patients. I have had experience of several other departments at RSCH, and unfortunately, I cannot rate those at the same level. A&E was particularly poor on my last visit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Remember visiting a mate who'd broken his leg at the Royal,and thinking it was an absolute dump that should be condemned.That was in the 60's-is it still the same buildings?EDGH seemed much more modern,but it's always the staff that make a hospital,not the buildings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My wife has had excellent service from RSCH but hers is in the cancer unit. She did break her wrist and between there and Princess Royal Hospital A & E and plaster section it was a nightmare.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Remember visiting a mate who'd broken his leg at the Royal,and thinking it was an absolute dump that should be condemned.That was in the 60's-is it still the same buildings?EDGH seemed much more modern,but it's always the staff that make a hospital,not the buildings.

Big renovation works going on at the mo

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Never had poor service from the RSCH. Yes, improvements can be made, but as we all know that's a central government funding issue.

At least the RSCH itself is being modernised at long last.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Never had poor service from the RSCH. Yes, improvements can be made, but as we all know that's a central government funding issue.

At least the RSCH itself is being modernised at long last.

I am not convinced funding is the issue.
Successive governments have thrown billions at the NHS which is a black hole.
Far too many chiefs and not enough indians in my opinion.
I had a friend who was a Nurse in the 80s and he said the same problems were there even then.
Need a complete review.(But that will take years and cost more millions)

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just had my plaster cast off and I must say the staff here are fantastic. In contrast to my local hospital the RSCH where I tried for painkillers the day after I had the cast put on @EDGH.

Out of interest, why did you go to a hospital for painkillers instead of just asking a GP?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am not convinced funding is the issue.
Successive governments have thrown billions at the NHS which is a black hole.
Far too many chiefs and not enough indians in my opinion.
I had a friend who was a Nurse in the 80s and he said the same problems were there even then.
Need a complete review.(But that will take years and cost more millions)

You may be right, the NHS has a multitude of issues.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I am sure that there are some great doctors and nurses that work there however Eastbourne DGH has a very bad reputation, it failed its inspection and was put under special measures by the Care Quality Commission in 2015. It has also has a huge financing and debt problem and hasn't had much investment in facilities for years. A lot of the departments have now transferred over to the conquest hospital which is a massive issue for many Eastbourne residents as family members have to trek over to Hastings to visit them in Hospital.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have mixed feelings about it; my son was born there and my mum died there.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I am glad to be near the Eastbourne D G H . Treatment has always been good , even though the admin and appointments can be erratic. The whole experience of going there is much better than Brighton RSC
I had to visit Brighton several times when a relative was an in-patient....nightmare !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here