Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion Ladies

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But then you could ask why don't womens rugby play midweek so you can watch Albion Ladies at the weekend!

Actually, I did ask this recently. The problem is that we have only one floodlit pitch so only two teams can train at a time. We have 12 teams using that pitch for evening training already (three of who train twice a week), it would be hard to fit another session in.

Because that would diminish the opportunity of younger children attending the women's matches.

I was at the Cup game last week where at least 20 people from Rustington Raiders (a girls' football club) came along - but that's an exception. Not many adults would come along with their young daughters / neices etc. on a school night. Anyway, my point is - the hero worship the women's team got from these girls was great, and that must be tapped into.

Yes, that's a good point. But it would be good to have one game a season in midweek, in the school holidays, so that people who can't make Sundays could get to a game.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ah, so when people have been saying Maty Ryan isn't big enough...

And here is that penis save in full. He certainly puts it on the line.

[video]http://www.bild.de/video/clip/raphael-wolf/wolf-penis-parade-53543902.bild.html[/video]

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
You're missing my point entirely. Evaluating their sport by how they'd fare against men is exactly what I'm saying you CAN'T do.

Just consider it an entirely different sport if that's easier. If there's a good level of ability (which there is) and the games are competitive (because they are playing against other women) what relevance is the fact they are not as strong / fast / tall / heavy as another group of players?

It's like asking how Manny Pacquiao would get on against Mike Tyson

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'd like to go to a women's game but Sundays are a pain because of my daughter's rugby (it's not just the women's game, I missed Newcastle and will miss Southampton). Why don't the women ever play midweek so those of us involved in local sports can see them?

Because they all have jobs outside of football.. This isn't county football where the longest away game might be an hour away.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Because they all have jobs outside of football.. This isn't county football where the longest away game might be an hour away.

That's just nonsense - there are midweek games in the National League. Players with jobs outside football manage to play them ... and some of the distances can be brutal.

And there's nothing stopping the one midweek game being with a London club.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
That's just nonsense - there are midweek games in the National League. Players with jobs outside football manage to play them ... and some of the distances can be brutal.

And there's nothing stopping the one midweek game being with a London club.

If you check their fixtures you will see they do have the odd midweek game.

National League players wages on average will be higher than WSL 2 clubs..

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
My cousin used to play for England and Brighton girls youth. She came to one of our Sunday kick abouts and ran rings round everyone. Everyone was impressed with how good she was.

Women might be physicals smaller than the men but it hasn't done Messi to much harm has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
I coach an under 9s team and at that age physicality isn’t so much a factor, and it’s more about technical ability... the player of the season last year happens to be a girl (and as the team are in the top division, she is probably one of the best players in the league at her age)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here