Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion Ladies

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have often wondered what their standard is in comparison to mens football ie would they be able to compete with Rymans League or would it be more Worthing & District Saturday afternoon on Broadwater Green? Would be interested in some views and opinions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have often wondered what their standard is in comparison to mens football ie would they be able to compete with Rymans League or would it be more Worthing & District Saturday afternoon on Broadwater Green? Would be interested in some views and opinions.

This debate has been done a million times, and it'll go nowhere. You just can't compare like that - whatever their ability levels, they can't ever match the physicality.

This match in Australia says it all http://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/e...a-womens-team-loses-7-0-to-under-15-mens-side

The national ladies team played an U15 boys' side for Olympic preparation and got destroyed.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This debate has been done a million times, and it'll go nowhere. You just can't compare like that - whatever their ability levels, they can't ever match the physicality.

This match in Australia says it all http://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/e...a-womens-team-loses-7-0-to-under-15-mens-side

The national ladies team played an U15 boys' side for Olympic preparation and got destroyed.

That is what I expected as I believe there is so much hype about womens football and even at international level on TV have found nothing to get excited about.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
then

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That is what I expected as I believe there is so much hype about womens football and even at international level on TV have found nothing to get excited about.

You're missing my point entirely. Evaluating their sport by how they'd fare against men is exactly what I'm saying you CAN'T do.

Just consider it an entirely different sport if that's easier. If there's a good level of ability (which there is) and the games are competitive (because they are playing against other women) what relevance is the fact they are not as strong / fast / tall / heavy as another group of players?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You're missing my point entirely. Evaluating their sport by how they'd fare against men is exactly what I'm saying you CAN'T do.

Just consider it an entirely different sport if that's easier. If there's a good level of ability (which there is) and the games are competitive (because they are playing against other women) what relevance is the fact they are not as strong / fast / tall / heavy as another group of players?

No change there then

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am a little bemused about the publicity for it. I must say that one of the best pundits on BBC IMHO is the ex England ladies player, whose name I dont know but she speaks a lot of sense and appears very knowledgeable on football more so than some of her male counterparts.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leave it Hans, this isn't going to end well.

YES, GET IN.

The weekly Ladies football thread, and earlier in the week than normal too.

All we need now is the Striker thread and I could quite literally shit myself with excitement.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
Football isn't all about the Premier League, or any of the other major leagues. It's a fantastic game that can be and is played by millions of people all around the world. What you have to adjust to is the differing standards and levels of performance and if you truly love the game you can appreciate the way it's played at whatever level and accept it for what it is. I quite enjoy watching the ladies and the Under 23's, in fact I enjoy watching ANYONE playing the game because they want to and just can.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

I see what you did there. You craftily tried to set one of us up to respond with a sexist retort. You sly old dog you.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am a little bemused about the publicity for it. I must say that one of the best pundits on BBC IMHO is the ex England ladies player, whose name I dont know but she speaks a lot of sense and appears very knowledgeable on football more so than some of her male counterparts.

That's not exactly an unequivocal endorsement, coming from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why do they play at the same time as the mens team? Away to Oxford on Sun 29th (would have gone as local for me), yet at the same time will be at Amex against Soton

The Clamp

Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

On a recent thread about the ladies team I believe the agreement was reached that they, along with their extended families should be sent to a salt mine in Siberia.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here