Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nathan Jones

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just for interest to Albion fans of former players.
Nathan Jones Luton Town are at home to Wycombe Wanderers tonight, and possibly will come up against two former players in Craig Mackail Smith and Adam El Abd.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Just for interest to Albion fans of former players.
Nathan Jones Luton Town are at home to Wycombe Wanderers tonight, and possibly will come up against two former players in Craig Mackail Smith and Adam El Abd.

And Glen Rea players for Luton, although not sure if he ever played a league game for Brighton.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
This Nathan Jones Luton connection is mutually beneficial for both clubs if played right imo. Loaning players to him in League one and maybe Championship in a season or two is a great way of circulating players within two clubs when trying to compete with the resources of the giants.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
And Glen Rea players for Luton, although not sure if he ever played a league game for Brighton.

He did not. The nearest he got was as an unused sub on three occasions. He was also an unused sub twice in the FA Cup but he did make a couple of starts in the Capital One Cup in 2015-16.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This Nathan Jones Luton connection is mutually beneficial for both clubs if played right imo. Loaning players to him in League one and maybe Championship in a season or two is a great way of circulating players within two clubs when trying to compete with the resources of the giants.

The Nathan Jones connection may well work, but not so sure about how long the Jones-Luton connection will last. He's destined for bigger and better things in all likelihood.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Perhaps one day, he'll return to the Albion a more educated coach, to take charge!

Would be a very good candidate for the post-Hughton era, as he would represent some sort of continuity. The trouble is I hope we have Hughton for years to come and I don't imagine Jones will want to hang around that long for better things.

Personally I think Nathan would be best served - both for him and us - for him to be our next but one manager.

He needs to move up the leagues say to Championship for few years and then move to us when he's proved himself at that level. After all, we'll be an established Premier League team by then.

Won't we?

Depends how long CH stays of course, if he does keep us up and we do become established then he'll have lots of offers.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The Nathan Jones connection may well work, but not so sure about how long the Jones-Luton connection will last. He's destined for bigger and better things in all likelihood.

True, but he could do an Eddie Howe, with Luton being the new Bournemouth. By the time Hughton is ready to step down Nathan may be ready to step in and take over.

I can sort of imagine a future where Hughton is made Director of Football and then working with Jones. Weve had Bobby, Sidwell, Murray and Ulloa make a return so I couldn't rule out Nathan if he carries on as he has been doing.

He has been quite impressive. 9 point lead and heaps of goals.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I was having a pre-match drink with a mate of mine in Dicks earlier this season before the Newcastle game. He's a plastic Geordie, and had got hold of tickets for him and his daughter, who is in her late teens. I'd never met her, but the three of us were standing around chatting, when she mentioned to me that she'd dated an ex-Brighton youth player for a while who'd now moved on, but couldn't remember his second name. "Glenn...something...?"
"Rea ?"
"That's the one!"
and then....

"He was a GREAT shag..."

That killed the conversation stone dead.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here