Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] McShane in the 79th

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Absolute mental scenes when that goal went in. It seemed like there was a constant roar. I don't think I've been to a game with such an electric atmosphere. What sweet revenge considering what happened before.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Absolute mental scenes when that goal went in. It seemed like there was a constant roar. I don't think I've been to a game with such an electric atmosphere. What sweet revenge considering what happened before.

Annoyingly, I lost a CUFF LINK in the celebrations.

I'm still not sure if it was all worth it. :jester:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It was a great night. The roar that went up when we scored (or rather forced an own goal) was nearly surpassed by the roar that went up when we spotted the linesman's flag for offside, when Palace thought they'd equalised.

It was a great night. The roar that went up when we scored (or rather forced an own goal) was nearly surpassed by the roar that went up when we spotted the linesman's flag for offside, when Palace thought they'd equalised.

Absolutely - we were in line with the lino and realised very quickly their equaliser had been disallowed so watching their fans continuing to celebrate before the penny dropped and then their realisation was a joy to behold.

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
One of the best away games and atmospheres I've had the pleasure of being at, especially after the drubbing the previous occasion. A wall of noise all night and when their equaliser was ruled out, goosebumps just thinking about it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
and a lot of money was earned at the bookies on that result!

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Deep joy went that day ---loved it !--bought my Dad the video --"one night at the palace"

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
A few select memories stand out for me that eve.

The lad with his hood up and face covered climbing up the supporting pillar to abuse the Palace fans during the celebrations.

Being spat on by a young Palace fan as I went down into the train station after the game.

A bloke in a Palace shirt being kicked all over the platform at Haywards Heath station on the way home.

There was magic in the air that night.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I can’t believe that’s 12 years ago. I remember going on about the rivalry before the game to my uni house mates & how we needed to beat the scum, while they stared at me with blank faces. Both Arsenal fans who just didn’t get it. Celebrated like an absolute loon that night. Happy memories.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
A few select memories stand out for me that eve.

The lad with his hood up and face covered climbing up the supporting pillar to abuse the Palace fans during the celebrations.

Being spat on by a young Palace fan as I went down into the train station after the game.

A bloke in a Palace shirt being kicked all over the platform at Haywards Heath station on the way home.

There was magic in the air that night.

To add to that. I remember a punch up at half time between 2 of our own fans. It was that intense an atmosphere, it actually seemed understandable!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Fantastic stuff. How many of us had a cheeky £1 on us winning 1-0 McShane as well. Seemed to be a lot as I recall.

And also don't think it was his goal. If you watch the clip thinking it's him, it's him, but watch it thinking the defender put it in and it was definitely a defender header own goal in my view. I remember there being a big surge forward down the steps and I had to grab a small child out of the way as his dad took part in the surge. Irresponsible parenting at its very best, but great experience for the lad I'm sure!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Annoyingly, I lost a CUFF LINK in the celebrations.

I'm still not sure if it was all worth it. :jester:

Is that all you lost, I lost my wife when we scored she got swept away in the madness that ensued , unfortunately she found her way back !!

It was her first derby game, and loved it such a great atmosphere from start to finish, the sheer hate in the Palace fans even the kids was a joy to witness when we came out at the end. The sad thing was actually 40+year old dads with their nippers hanging around after the match just to spit at us and throw shit.

My favourite away game after Hereford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here