The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I was on the bridge wing of Norwegian Dream in Cozumel Mexico, talking to the Captain. My phone rings, and all I can hear is what sounded like a mass riot going on, with my mate shouting "We f*****g done it, we beat the b*****s".
I hung up, & the Captain said, "What the hell was that?"
"Brighton beat Palace Captain".
"Ah yes, you English & your football".

He was a Swede.

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
I remember another video of the goal - from lower down in the away end.......pure bedlam - looked for this youtube video a few months ago, and it's nowhere to be seen.

Please post someone.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Talk about smash and grab !
How we didn't get nothing from that match, I'll never know.
There was an air of menace that night, stemming from a mob of yours coming unstuck in a local pub, and you couldn't sneeze without the old bill having a word.
Anyway, it turned out ok at the end of the season :)

The Optimist

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
After the game my dad owned up to his double or quits bet. He was £500 down over the season so put £500 on Brighton to win. Apparently that was going to be the last time he ever bet on Brighton. I’ll have to ask him if he stuck to it.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
You're not wrong there. [MENTION=357]afters[/MENTION] had a tenner on 1-0 with McShane FGS at about 76/1 as I recall.

£20 actually sim after a sensible tip from the huffster. i have a much treasured pic of me and my eldest (then tiny now a biggun) throwing money in the air taken by roy chuter in our back garden at the time and featured in the next prog. happy days!

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I distinctly remember calling my Palace-supporting friend from outside the ground before the match, and predicting a 5-0 defeat for the Albion.

We had NO chance.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Going further back am I right in thinking a game at Palace where we were outplayed throughout and Wardy scored winner in injury time

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I distinctly remember calling my Palace-supporting friend from outside the ground before the match, and predicting a 5-0 defeat for the Albion.

We had NO chance.
Before the game, I read Mark McGhee's comments where he said he had never lost a game at Selhurst Park, no matter which team he was managing.

He was right.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I've celebrated some goals and wins at selhurst but that win was something else. We were not fancied to win but as the game went on you sensed it was coming. Then boom it somehow found the back of the net of the back of Mcshane. The pure outpouring of jubilation as the ball hit the net was unbelievable. The away end went ballistic. The white shirts. The one night at the Palace DVD. Mark Maghee drinking pints of whiskey. Palace having a gial ruled out. Which we could all see was offside as Palace fans celebrated. Perfect just Perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here