Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Man City

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I saw the Spurs Madrid game, and Spurs really equipped themselves very well. Pochettino is about as good as there is at present, and that Davidson Sanchez is some player...

... but nothing in comparison to Kevin De Bruyne at the moment, who is a delight. His assist and bullet shot from 25 yards with his wrong foot that smacked the crossbar were something else, but nothing when compared to that pass he threaded through to Sane against Stoke on Saturday, which reminded me of the one that Spanish Dave set Ashley Barnes up with a few years back in our 3-1 victory against the title-winning Leicester.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw the Spurs Madrid game, and Spurs really equipped themselves very well. Pochettino is about as good as there is at present, and that Davidson Sanchez is some player...

Pochettino has basically brought through half the current England team. If it wasn't for him, we'd be sat at home picking peanuts out of poo next summer.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
After watching the Real Madrid v Spurs match, I'm very confident Man City will completely destroy Real Madrid like they're doing to everyone they're playing against right now.

You probably ought to put money on them winning the CL then. They look delicious at the moment, but the CL is a tall order even for them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
After watching the Real Madrid v Spurs match, I'm very confident Man City will completely destroy Real Madrid like they're doing to everyone they're playing against right now.

They're going to wipe their arse on the PL this season. There's nobody to touch them.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
They're going to wipe their arse on the PL this season. There's nobody to touch them.

The gulf between Man City and everyone else is ridiculous. There's probably a bigger gulf between City and say anyone below the top 6 than there is between the rest of the Prem and league 2 teams.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Man City can win UCL imo

Well, obviously. You can't spend £300million on a squad and not expect to be challenging at the top end.

They won't win it though, definitely not. PSG, for the same reason, have a good chance and I think Dortmund will cause some surprises but ultimately it'll probably be Barcelona, Bayern or Real (again) who win it. Man United have the best chance of the English teams, for me.

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Just to get a little perspective on it, citeh spending £200 million on a player is just like you or I buying a packet of crisps. It'll be a much greater achievement for the manager of the teams promoted from the championship last season, to keep their side in the EPL, than for citeh's manager to win the EPL.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
They struggled to get a point at home against Everton. They will drop more points as the CL takes it's toll. I still fancy United to run them very close

That's because they had a man sent off for half the game and were 1-0 down.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Well, obviously. You can't spend £300million on a squad and not expect to be challenging at the top end.

They won't win it though, definitely not. PSG, for the same reason, have a good chance and I think Dortmund will cause some surprises but ultimately it'll probably be Barcelona, Bayern or Real (again) who win it. Man United have the best chance of the English teams, for me.

Dortmund currently bottom of their group with 2 loses and a draw.... hardly surprising anyone

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here