Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] ‘Football Whispers’

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
What is this all about?

See NSC and wearebrighton regularly sharing all related articles so I’m guessing some sort of affiliation there. Are they paying all fan sites to broaden their outreach?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wearebrighton blocked NSC years ago so I never see any of their output. I didn't know they were sharing it so I'll be stopping immediately. "Me too" shit is boring.

Yes, they do pay. I'm not sure how the hell their business model works, as they pay significantly more than NSC can earn for users on our own site, and they'll clearly be making their turn on top of that.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'll add that they send me through a lot of stuff and I'll read it first. I'll only share things which I feel are adding something new or particularly interesting to the conversation around the Albion in the same way as I'd share from any other source.

I don't think I've ever shared any of their other stuff - be it general Premier League related or Football Manager related (I'm guessing they've been contracted to build up excitement ahead of a new release of the game).

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
If it's making NSC a lot of money then by all means- some of the insight is genuinely in depth and pretty interesting; not so much the '5 things we learned' sort of stuff. Only really noted it given NSC and WAB both shared the same article within 5 mins of each other.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think they write some in depth, interesting analysis so I'm happy to see this kind of Albion related content. The page you visit doesn't get clogged with ads taking over your screen either like so many other sites of ir' s type.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If it's making NSC a lot of money then by all means- some of the insight is genuinely in depth and pretty interesting; not so much the '5 things we learned' sort of stuff. Only really noted it given NSC and WAB both shared the same article within 5 mins of each other.

We'll be getting emails at the same time, I imagine, although I don't look at my emails that often so it's just the luck of the draw.
I've shared a few on here, I tend to share more to FB and twitter.

For full transparency: for every 1000 clicks we send to FW, they pay NSC £8. For every 1000 pageviews on NSC we earn significantly less than £1. Their pages must be laced with magic for them to be able to pay that out!

The difference is we've been sending 2,000 - 3,000 clicks per week to FW since we started a few weeks ago. NSC is somewhat busier than that!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We'll be getting emails at the same time, I imagine, although I don't look at my emails that often so it's just the luck of the draw.
I've shared a few on here, I tend to share more to FB and twitter.

For full transparency: for every 1000 clicks we send to FW, they pay NSC £8. For every 1000 pageviews on NSC we earn significantly less than £1. Their pages must be laced with magic for them to be able to pay that out!

The difference is we've been sending 2,000 - 3,000 clicks per week to FW since we started a few weeks ago. NSC is somewhat busier than that!

**** me that is cheap for them, getting 1000 clicks through normal paid boosting methods would cost far, far more than that.

Bozza you have so many users on this site I would even consider selling advertising placements on a case by case basis. You could make a fortune.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
**** me that is cheap for them, getting 1000 clicks through normal paid boosting methods would cost far, far more than that.

Is it? They're not selling anything, remember, it's just a content site.

NSC earns a tiny fraction of the £10+ cpm that they must be pulling in, if they can afford to pay referrers £6-8 cpm (they started at £6 and upped it to £8).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

NSC earns a tiny fraction of the £10+ cpm that they must be pulling in, if they can afford to pay referrers £6-8 cpm (they started at £6 and upped it to £8).

I imagine they're breaking even, or perhaps running at a loss, to build audience.

They're probably paying writers f*ck all. Maybe even on a pay-per-click basis.

This article - about giving Izquierdo a start - completely misses the fact that he started the match before last...

https://www.footballwhispers.com/bl...medium=affiliates&utm_source=north-stand-chat

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Yes, they do pay. I'm not sure how the hell their business model works, as they pay significantly more than NSC can earn for users on our own site, and they'll clearly be making their turn on top of that.

Same as the vital football model I expect. Get some bedroom journo wannabe to write the content to drive traffic. Load the page up with ads and clickbait. Promise the world for signing up to their email alerts and then sell the email data to numerous list brokers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
They're probably paying writers f*ck all. Maybe even on a pay-per-click basis.

This article - about giving Izquierdo a start - completely misses the fact that he started the match before last...

https://www.footballwhispers.com/bl...medium=affiliates&utm_source=north-stand-chat

Get some bedroom journo wannabe to write the content to drive traffic.

That Izquierdo piece has a byline of Andrew Gibney, this chap: https://twitter.com/Gibney_A who has written for The Mirror: http://www.mirror.co.uk/authors/andrew-gibney/ and FourFourTwo amongst others: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...ould-be-arsenals-long-term-left-back-solution

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Yes but what will eventually make them money is users, at the moment they're doing a great job of spreading awareness, and they're doing it cheaply (in my opinion). It seems like a decent website don't get me wrong, far better than most of the crowd sourced click bait football content sites, I just see them increasing the amount of advertising on the site very quickly - and they will have a very niche audience that (betting) companies will pay a lot for.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Football Whisper

He's never gonna play again
Rooney's feet have got no rhythm
And he's easy to up end
And Duffy is no fool

He should have known better than look like Shrek
The wasted chances Rooney was given
So he's never gonna play again