Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Small car syndrome

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I drive a mini in an out of Bristol every day and have done for 5 years. Was a Seat Ibiza for 7 years before that. Never had a problem being bullied. And Bristol is a traffic hellhole.
Yes, you're in Bristol. That suggests to me that what the OP is suffering from is more likely SE drivers syndrome, rather than small car syndrome. Over 50 years of driving all sorts - from motorbike to HGV - and I'm convinced that once you get north and west of the M25, the driving improves the further you go.
Never noticed any real difference in bad driving manners due to the vehicle being driven, but I did notice on motorways there were some drivers who just could not bear to be overtaken by an old 998cc Nissan Micra, and would come roaring back past as soon as they'd been overtaken!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You must have some very wide roads over on the dark side of Sussex!
Nah maybe it's just the wide load sign stretched out across my fat arse!

Seriously though, a Micra will eventually pass leaving enough room between us for a new town to be built.
Then I get buzzed by a succession of angry German machines, irrespective of the oncoming traffic, seemingly blaming me for the hold up.

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
love parking the wife's i10 in parking spaces that big cars cant fit in. Even better is hiding it in between big cars in cark parks, so people think there is a space, but there isnt. Karma

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
love parking the wife's i10 in parking spaces that big cars cant fit in. Even better is hiding it in between big cars in cark parks, so people think there is a space, but there isnt. Karma

This you is it .

AntiqueWhirlwindGonolek.gif

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Never bothered getting a car license as women are quite good at driving.:cool:

theboybilly

The driving is noticeably more aggressive in the UK. I've just returned from five leisurely days in Belgium and Brittany (covering about 800 miles) without issue....except for forgetting about 'Priorité à Droit' going through a village. Oops!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Mrs Cat drive a Toyota Aygo which got whacked by a large German car when she was parked at the vet. When we took it for a second estimate at the garage he wanted us to use, the garage owner referred to him as "Martin the Mercedes" - nuff said.... :dunce::wanker:

We went somewhere else.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here