Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Small car syndrome

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Quite often I use the wife’s small peaugeot 107 for work.
People take libs though like pulling out of junctions in front, cutting me up, not letting me join carriageways.
Shooting out in front on roundabouts, cutting me up and general bullying tactics.
It seems just cause they know my car is slow they can take the piss
None of this happens when I’m in my saloon though.
This must be pretty common for slow small cars

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Don't own a car but occasionally hire a Skoda Citigo, which is a wee slip of a thing and I have to say I love driving it and haven't ever experienced any of the above. I also have a rather small penis, well average I'm told.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
People take libs though like pulling out of junctions in front, cutting me up, not letting me join carriageways.
Shooting out in front on roundabouts, cutting me up and general bullying tactics.

The other drivers assume it's a woman driving so can bully her. We had a saloon, and I used to drive to work via the motorway, finding drivers reacted very differently when I drove to when my husband drove.
Before you come back to say it was my driving, I've been driving for 40 years, passed my test first time, and never had any points on my licence.
Some drivers are just bullies.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Used to own a Peugeot 205 hairdressers car (cough cough), now own VW Polo, which is apparently a poor man's smaller Golf.
Couldn't care less :shrug:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
5cefb481be050a1b8d33f6dbe5e5767f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I drive a white van and what you describe happens all the time to us. So no I don't believe it is the car you drive it's all the other idiots around you.
I'm thinking of getting one of those videos camera's :moo:

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
My first car was a Skoda Fabia and I always got ars3holes in bigger cars doing things like that. Used to drive me potty. I have a big car now and hope i'm not like that to smaller cars.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

I have an E class and a tiny Toyota and the difference I experience in other drivers attitude is huge, but I don't blame them because I'm probably guilty of doing the same. I now just shrug and try not to let it bug me too much when someone pulls out on me on a roundabout.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I drive a 3 litre estate car because I have to haul lots of gear around the country for work.

Mrs J has a 2 litre sports car as a reward for surviving 37 years Teaching and I drive it frequently.

I had to hire a 1 litre runabout the other day while my car was in for some repair work.

Didn't notice any other drivers behaving differently to me in any of the above vehicles.

Having said that the overall standard of driving in the UK is fairly sh*t. Especially around London & the M25.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've just bought the missus a dash cam because of the smaller car theory. When I drive her Mazda 2 compared to my X-trails, I do notice larger car drivers tend to overstate their presence

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I drive a 3 litre estate car because I have to haul lots of gear around the country for work.

Mrs J has a 2 litre sports car as a reward for surviving 37 years Teaching and I drive it frequently.

I had to hire a 1 litre runabout the other day while my car was in for some repair work.

Didn't notice any other drivers behaving differently to me in any of the above vehicles.

Having said that the overall standard of driving in the UK is fairly sh*t. Especially around London & the M25.

Interestingly you have picked up the teacher's habit. Normally it's the teacher who tells everyone at every opportunity that they are a teacher. You've done it by proxy. I've never noticed it in any other profession.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I drive a white van and what you describe happens all the time to us. So no I don't believe it is the car you drive it's all the other idiots around you.
I'm thinking of getting one of those videos camera's :moo:

white van driver here too, often wonder if it's actually invisible tho, the way other drivers drive???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I have definitely noticed a difference in attitude, depending on the vehicle.

If I'm in the company vehicle, you can run red lights, drive on the wrong side of the road in town centres, force your way through queues on motorways - and other motorists actually pull over.

If I try the same thing in my own vehicle, people get all pissed off :shrug:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I drive a mini in an out of Bristol every day and have done for 5 years. Was a Seat Ibiza for 7 years before that. Never had a problem being bullied. And Bristol is a traffic hellhole.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I own a Fiat 500. Before that I ran a pair of Ford Kas. If people want to push in then let them. By definition I’m not in a hurry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here