Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Play-Offs.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Once they were paired with Spain in their group, it looked tough.

Failing to score twice against Sweden in either leg of the play-off shows they're not good enough.

That 2-1 defeat in the last World Cup ultimately f**k*d up our chances in the group stage opener. And I still haven't forgotten Italia '90 when the referee awarded them a penalty in the third place match so Salvatore Schillachi could finish the tournament as top goalscorer.

:bigwave:

:lol: to be fair, it was a pen though

D

Deleted member 22389

Italian football has been slowly going down the pan for the last 15-20 years in my opinion. This is the kick up the backside Italian football needs. They are also not producing the world class players they used too. Mum is disappointed, it's a bloody disgrace.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
We had the players but not the coach.Had Conte stuck around we would not have been in this mess.Some on here think it's funny and that's fair enough however personally when I watch the world cup which I now won't be doing I want to see the big teams.The World Cup will not have Italy or Holland and that's a big shame for any true football fan.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Italian football has been slowly going down the pan for the last 15-20 years in my opinion. This is the kick up the backside Italian football needs. They are also not producing the world class players they used too. Mum is disappointed, it's a bloody disgrace.

If you look at english football during that time then the Prem has become very strong and with that many more foreign players are now playing here and making it so much more difficult for english players to get a game.Look at the England team and without doubt they have had better over the years.Alot of it is about the draw and not all about the quality of the teams.Italy had to contend with Spain but England and others had it eaiser.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We had the players but not the coach.Had Conte stuck around we would not have been in this mess.Some on here think it's funny and that's fair enough however personally when I watch the world cup which I now won't be doing I want to see the big teams.The World Cup will not have Italy or Holland and that's a big shame for any true football fan.
It's only a shame if they are any good, and Italy and the Netherlands are not - they are shite. Italy couldn't score a goal in two games against Sweden and had a home draw against Moldova in qualifying. No big loss.

Come back when they are good enough.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It's only a shame if they are any good, and Italy and the Netherlands are not - they are shite. Italy couldn't score a goal in two games against Sweden and had a home draw against Moldova in qualifying. No big loss.

This. No side has a divine right to be there, they need to qualify.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's like not having ferrari in F1. It's been a bad year for Italian sport.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
[tweet]930195584539078657[/tweet]

LOVE this

Ventura wants to send DeRossi on. DeRossi says "Why the F**K would I come on ? We need a win, not a draw", and points to Insigne.

:clap2:

(Ventura now sacked)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
[tweet]930195584539078657[/tweet]

LOVE this

Ventura wants to send DeRossi on. DeRossi says "Why the F**K would I come on ? We need a win, not a draw", and points to Insigne.

:clap2:

(Ventura now sacked)
:lolol:

Read this on the BBC feed last night:

This is bordering on the unforgivable I'm afraid. He's made his final change - and it's Federico Bernardeschi, not Lorenzo Insigne.

That could be Giampiero Ventura's Lineker/Smith sub...

Yes, yes it could.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

But there's some quirky teams like Panama, who will have a cult following. To be honest I'm looking forward to watching them in high-scoring games rather than Italy and USA playing for a dreary draw in order to secure a point they need for the knockout stages. Where can I buy a Panama hat to watch their matches? :)

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

I don't know about Holland but Italy are not 'shite'.We just had a 'shite manager'.If you look at our players man for man we are not 'shite'but if you want to post 'shite'because you are ignorant then go ahead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here