Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Play-Offs.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone who thinks England's confidence will be destroyed by a friendly is misguided. England always shine in friendlies just before tournaments and look amazing, it's only when they reach the actual tournament that they become terrible.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just before he sent on David James, as a striker.

I wonder what West ham are paying to add Pearce's tactical genius to Moyes' undoubted charisma and charm?

Who knows. Employing a talkSPORT presenter does seem a bit desperate though. Maybe they just want him to bring his Sex Pistols CD's along for the dressing room.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone who thinks England's confidence will be destroyed by a friendly is misguided. England always shine in friendlies just before tournaments and look amazing, it's only when they reach the actual tournament that they become terrible.

You clearly weren't present at England v Saudi Arabia in 1998. I began self-harming midway through the second half.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who knows. Employing a talkSPORT presenter does seem a bit desperate though. Maybe they just want him to bring his Sex Pistols CD's along for the dressing room.

In truth, Pearce is no more there for his tactical input than the guy they pay to paint the fences at the training ground. He's there purely and simply, as the 'token ex-Hammer', in the hope that his presence dissuades the ever-supportive cheeky chappy cockerney fans from hurling immediate vitriol at the new coaching team.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
To be clear, its not "bigoted and ignorant" to say Italy are shite at the moment. I saw the 1st leg in Sweden and they were complete khazi, and the current woes seem to be the culmination of a period of decline towards general averageness. You have some decent individuals amongst a lot of mediocrity and veterans. Italy will be back, its too major a footballing nation not to be, the decline won't continue forever. But right now you are bang average, and have dropped out of the elite tier of International football, a fact you seem to have difficulty accepting. Pinning Italy's failure ALL on the manager is just papering over the cracks.

I won't particularly miss Italy next summer. Like many other teams, they have regularly bored the tits off me at tournaments. Russia 2018 won't be any the poorer through Italy's absence, don't assume everyone is as obsessed as you at seeing all of the same old "big guns" present. A spell in the wilderness will probably do you good in the long run.

What complete tosh.Italy bore you in tournaments?They bored you when they beat Belgium and Spain at the Euros,when they beat Germany in the Euros,the World Cup and I could go on.When you come out with crap like that you lose credibility.As for the players,we had a stronger squad then at the Euros when Conte did well so it is not a excuse to say we don't have the players.As for the 'veterans',every team needs to older established heads to help them through and we had that we a good mix of younger players however we had a terrible coach.The tournament will of course be poorer without Italy because as I've said,often we turn it on in the tournaments and we entertain.Come back with something a bit more credible.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Italy are past masters at whining, play acting and generally pulling every trick in the book to defend a one goal lead - it might be entertaining for you, but not for any team you happen to be playing against.

I'm sure you hark back to the good old "entertaining" days of Gentile and Benetti as well.

Anyway we qualified, you didn't, so there............

You're horrid and I'm telling on you.So there.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What complete tosh.Italy bore you in tournaments?They bored you when they beat Belgium and Spain at the Euros,when they beat Germany in the Euros,the World Cup and I could go on.When you come out with crap like that you lose credibility.As for the players,we had a stronger squad then at the Euros when Conte did well so it is not a excuse to say we don't have the players.As for the 'veterans',every team needs to older established heads to help them through and we had that we a good mix of younger players however we had a terrible coach.The tournament will of course be poorer without Italy because as I've said,often we turn it on in the tournaments and we entertain.Come back with something a bit more credible.

*sigh*

Whatever. Italy thrill you, and that's lovely. It really is. I'm afraid they rarely thrill me. I WON'T miss them next year, because they've bored me many, many times before in tournaments before, and are very well capable of doing it again - as do England of course, in spades. But unlike Italy, I do actually give a shit about them.

I don't know why you've spent your day on here trying to convince everyone that its some kind of footballing travesty and tragedy that Italy won't be there next year, and that we're all really going to miss them. Its not, and we won't. Trying to deal with that fact and accept it is the first true step towards healing.

Good luck x

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
But there's some quirky teams like Panama, who will have a cult following. To be honest I'm looking forward to watching them in high-scoring games rather than Italy and USA playing for a dreary draw in order to secure a point they need for the knockout stages. Where can I buy a Panama hat to watch their matches? :)

To be picky panama hats actually come from Ecuador. Did they qualify?

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
*sigh*

Whatever. Italy thrill you, and that's lovely. It really is. I'm afraid they rarely thrill me. I WON'T miss them next year, because they've bored me many, many times before in tournaments before, and are very well capable of doing it again - as do England of course, in spades. But unlike Italy, I do actually give a shit about them.

I don't know why you've spent your day on here trying to convince everyone that its some kind of footballing travesty and tragedy that Italy won't be there next year, and that we're all really going to miss them. Its not, and we won't. Trying to deal with that fact and accept it is the first true step towards healing.

Good luck x

It's not a tragedy.Your posts are though.You are obviously an ignorant dick.I merely came on here to give an opinion about Italy and twats like you didn't agree with me so we debated.If you can't handle someone has a different opinion from you then these types of websites are not for you.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
.If you can't handle someone has a different opinion from you then these types of websites are not for you.

Agreed. If someone has a different opinion to you and sees something different, then that's fine.

What complete tosh.Italy bore you in tournaments?.When you come out with crap like that you lose credibility..

Ah.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's not a tragedy.Your posts are though.You are obviously an ignorant dick.I merely came on here to give an opinion about Italy and twats like you didn't agree with me so we debated.If you can't handle someone has a different opinion from you then these types of websites are not for you.

Hehe.

After 14 years (and 49,700 posts) I'd say he's fairly well-placed to decide whether the site is for him, tbh.

You've posted 42 times, and 26 of those have been sulky aggressive digs at people who don't share your love of mama's pasta sauce.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Ahh...the mask slips, and your inner keyboard warrior comes roaring out to the fore. Its noticeable that YOU'RE the one on here who is throwing the abuse and insults around. But according to you, its ME who "can't handle someone who has a different opinion". Hows that work then ?

Come back when you've grown up a bit chap.

Actually.....don't bother. Much like your precious Azzurri next year, you won't be missed.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
All this thread is missing is some casual racism.

1200x630bb.jpg

That's better.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Hehe.

After 14 years (and 49,700 posts) I'd say he's fairly well-placed to decide whether the site is for him, tbh.

You've posted 42 times, and 26 of those have been sulky aggressive digs at people who don't share your love of mama's pasta sauce.

Anyone who has that many posts needs to get off here and get a life.Seriously you are sad.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Ahh...the mask slips, and your inner keyboard warrior comes roaring out to the fore. Its noticeable that YOU'RE the one on here who is throwing the abuse and insults around. But according to you, its ME who "can't handle someone who has a different opinion". Hows that work then ?

Come back when you've grown up a bit chap.

Actually.....don't bother. Much like your precious Azzurri next year, you won't be missed.

Come on don't get bitchy.We are all Albion fans.Let's all unite against that nasty Palace and revel in that false rivalry we have.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm overall happy with our style of play and the success that's brought not just in terms of winning tournaments but also by progessing far in others.
I completely agree that you've progressed well in tournaments. So it's understandable an Italy fan would therefore be happy. But I'm not an Italy fan, I'm a neutral (when England aren't playing), therefore I see your style for what it is. Mostly time-wasting and cheating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here