Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Play-Offs.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
ROI 1- 4 Denmark

I hope this doesn't affect Duffy for us :shrug:

It's a test for him, 2 huge games the focus must have been intense and now the disappointment and possible tiredness but he is a bit of a beast and I am sure he can handle it, good job we are not playing until Monday and its at home it will give him the chance to fully recover and he did not pick up an injury.
I think he will be closely watched on his return to training though.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's a test for him, 2 huge games the focus must have been intense and now the disappointment and possible tiredness but he is a bit of a beast and I am sure he can handle it, good job we are not playing until Monday and its at home it will give him the chance to fully recover and he did not pick up an injury.
I think he will be closely watched on his return to training though.

Yes agree with that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sorry I don;t have the will power.When I see ignorant posts from dickheads like you its almost impossible not to reply.Please,any mods out there please ban me.I beg thee.I can't take much more of bitches like this ****.

Anyone know a mod, who could help? :shrug:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You obviously didn't see the game in Honduras, Australia were all over them and did everything but score, a bit like the game we had against Watford.
I think a comfortable home win with Tim Cahill and two or three other suspended players back as well, 2 - 0.
Bet your house on it.

Typical, I put $50 on at 15/1 last Saturday that Australia would win the 2nd leg 2 - 0 and it was 2 - 0 up till the 85 min then bang, another penalty for elbows Jedinak and a consolation for Honduras in extra time, final score 3 - 1 grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Peru through and the pots decided for the main draw.

Pot 1:*Russia (host), Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Pot 2:*Spain, Peru, Switzerland, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia

Pot 3:*Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran

Pot 4:*Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

All based on World Rankings. Seems a bit of a joke (Which clearly the world rankings are). Potential for and incredibly week group of Poland, Peru, Iran, Panama and one consisting of Germany & Spain!!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Peru through and the pots decided for the main draw.

Pot 1:*Russia (host), Germany, Brazil, Portugal, Argentina, Belgium, Poland, France

Pot 2:*Spain, Peru, Switzerland, England, Colombia, Mexico, Uruguay, Croatia

Pot 3:*Denmark, Iceland, Costa Rica, Sweden, Tunisia, Egypt, Senegal, Iran

Pot 4:*Serbia, Nigeria, Australia, Japan, Morocco, Panama, South Korea, Saudi Arabia

All based on World Rankings. Seems a bit of a joke (Which clearly the world rankings are). Potential for and incredibly week group of Poland, Peru, Iran, Panama and one consisting of Germany & Spain!!

The ranking system is far from perfect but how else would you rank the teams?

Mr Cleansheets

Jun 7, 2017
Hoping for Poland (or Russia) plus Peru and Tunisia, but going by Australia's usual Pot Luck it'll be Germany, Spain and Costa Rica.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
At least we can't get both Iceland and bogey team Sweden.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we draw Peru, the players best pack some ear muffs.

Ah Willow, long time no see. Did you stay up to watch it? Sounds like NZ were distinctly second best, but really the dirty tricks played by Peru were beyond a joke. It's quite shocking.

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
Ah Willow, long time no see. Did you stay up to watch it? Sounds like NZ were distinctly second best, but really the dirty tricks played by Peru were beyond a joke. It's quite shocking.

I just caught the highlights this morning but you are spot on, New Zealand were second best, and the underhand tactics from Peru were outrageous. I suspect they would have won anyway but it does leave rather a bad taste. Perhaps if Chris Wood had played the full tie it would have made a difference.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The draw for the World Cup is on December 1st, live from the KREMLIN.

I'm going to be all over that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I just caught the highlights this morning but you are spot on, New Zealand were second best, and the underhand tactics from Peru were outrageous. I suspect they would have won anyway but it does leave rather a bad taste. Perhaps if Chris Wood had played the full tie it would have made a difference.

What did the pesky Peruvians get up to? I heard about the plane being diverted, but not seen anything else.

I did just type 'Peru antics' into google. I'm still none the wiser, but do now helpfully, know all about Macedonian basketball star Pero Antic :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The draw for the World Cup is on December 1st, live from the KREMLIN.

I'm going to be all over that.

I'm going to GUESS that the hosts will be LUCKY enough to get a favourable draw. FIFA's mates in Switzerland also tend to get quite LUCKY, so I'm going for a group of DEATH, consisting of Russia, Switzerland, Iran and Panama.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm going to GUESS that the hosts will be LUCKY enough to get a favourable draw. FIFA's mates in Switzerland also tend to get quite LUCKY, so I'm going for a group of DEATH, consisting of Russia, Switzerland, Iran and Panama.

Goes without saying that there'll be some russkie jiggery-pokery. Heated BALLS at the ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here