Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup Play-Offs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Big game Wednesday. New Zealand in Peru for a showdown for finals place. Apparently the Kiwis plane wasn’t allowed to land in Lima and had to divert to Chile from three hour delay as they were running out of fuel. The plane wasn’t allowed to land in
Ima as it had “new landing restrictions applied” to it...gotta love the South American approach to sport

:lolol: I like their tactics

I was in Peru last month when they had their final two regular qualifying matches. EVERYONE was watching it. Flags hanging from all buildings, giant TV screens in packed public squares, marvellous scenes. I'll definitely by rooting for them after seeing the PASSION it brings to the country.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I was in Peru last month when they had their final two regular qualifying matches. EVERYONE was watching it. Flags hanging from all buildings, giant TV screens in packed public squares, marvellous scenes. I'll definitely by rooting for them after seeing the PASSION it brings to the country.

I was there in the summer too and agree they are passionate. For sure will be an intense atmosphere but I’m rooting for the all whites. Come on Chris

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You're just getting a taste of what England have had to endure, not being good enough to qualify or qualifying and not being any good for previous WCF.
England have sort of gone back to the drawing board, English manager in charge and not being afraid to pick youth.
Its all been in the modes of France and Germany, building for the future.
Yes you haven't qualified, but that doesn't give Italy the right to be in Russia next year, Serie A has lacked in quality over recent years and that probably is a big part of why you haven't qualified.

Quote Carlo Tavecchio from a BBC article:

"Tavecchio promised to follow the German model and open national football centres across the country. Only 30 have opened, 10 in the past six weeks. Way short of the 200 projected."

England are through because they had a piss poor group.

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Who can forget Peru agreeing to get thrashed by Argentina all those years ago.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Who can forget Peru agreeing to get thrashed by Argentina all those years ago.

You’re like the character in Asterix and the Roman Agent. His name was Tortuous Convolvulus, a natural troublemaker whose mere presence causes arguments, quarrels and fights. To be fair, a few on here mimic him quite well

San Siro

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
You’re like the character in Asterix and the Roman Agent. His name was Tortuous Convolvulus, a natural troublemaker whose mere presence causes arguments, quarrels and fights. To be fair, a few on here mimic him quite well

You're a f.uck wit.F.uck off

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There are seriously more important things in my life to deal with

Glad to hear that you've got so much more to look forward to next summer.

Whilst you suckers are glued to your TVs during a glorious summer I'll be out having fun and getting a tan on my gorgeous chest.

Oh.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I think that annoying tosser has a bet on with someone that he can get banned. He or she is getting desperate. It's pretty funny.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Had £2 on Duffy first goal scorer*

*first leg...bugger

I'm seriously pissed off I didn't do Denmark to win and both teams to score (11/2). I thought about it and I put a bet on Eriksen first goal (8/1) instead with the c/s. Had the opportunity and blew it. Was never going to finish 2-1 as the start of the second half was absolutely frantic. :shootself

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Starting to think [MENTION=36127]San Siro[/MENTION] is [MENTION=35524]Knocky's Nose[/MENTION] in disguise:flounce::flounce::flounce::dunce::laugh:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Personally I haven't enjoyed recent World Cups anyway.1982 for example was a classic and not just because Italy won.You had the best Brazil side never to have won the World Cup,very good Dutch,German and French sides and some memorable games.Over the last 15 years the big international teams have declined in quality.Brazils 7-1 loss was just one example.The big teams are not crammed with the truly world class players of 20/30 years ago.It use to be that you had some very good teams and a bunch of average teams in the World Cup.Now they are all meeting in the middle.They are also enlarging the world cup to further erode the quality.Where as I use to watch alot of the games,the last 3 world cups I have watched much less.

Explain how the Dutch team of 82 played in the finals? They came 4th in qualifying behind France ,Belgium and Eire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here