Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham travel

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Easiest journey of the season for us. Parking in Ipswich then fast train to Stratford (I appreciate this travel advice doesn't help Sussex based fans).

I work in Chelmsford, so park up for work (near the station), 30 minutes by train after work!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Rather boringly, Seagull Travel leaving at 1:45. Can only assume they expect holdups to be leaving that early.

M25 on a Friday afternoon, be empty won't it - seriously the police will probably insist coaches arrive by a certain time before the various road closures in the area are put into place.

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
I take it you can easily get back to Victoria for midnight ,??

Yep.......I saw the mighty Wanderers at West Ham for the night, cup game earlier this season, & getting back to the station after was a bit difficult with little in the way of clear directions & even back at the station it was a bit tricky to find the tube, but once there, the Jubilee line direct to Westminster & a short walk down to Victoria was dead easy,

The ground itself was better than expected from the lower tier, but with the stand being so shallow, the upper tier looked to be miles from the pitch !!

N17

Jun 21, 2011
Not that you (understandably) will give a toss but having travelled over land and sea for 45 years watching Spurs I can honestly say that the Taxpayers Stadium is by far the worst for watching football I have ever set foot in.

Truly woeful.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
No one trying the boat-tastic route of Thames Clipper from Blackfriars to Canary Wharf then jump on the Jubilee Line?

Would be my route if I had a bit more time. Some nice if pricey drinking establishments at the 'Wharf too :)

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Train for me.
Been up to London hundreds of times to see bands etc finishing around 11.00 p.m and always managed to get back to the coast in the small hours of the morning. Shouldn't be a problem.

loco61

Jan 30, 2004
Hove GOSBTS
leaving tomorrow morning at 10.00 from Frankfurt...should be there in time via Pulborough, Victoria, and SE1 ...cant wait

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Have decided to drive then park in Westfields. Giving myself 3 hours from Hove... should be enough shouldn't it?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Avoid busses.

3C7A445D00000578-4153762-image-a-48_1485304187760.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Have decided to drive then park in Westfields. Giving myself 3 hours from Hove... should be enough shouldn't it?

So leaving at 5 ? Quite possibly not on a Friday. Could easily be 2 hours or more to the Dartford tunnel alone (before you hit the queue to go through it).

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
So leaving at 5 ? Quite possibly not on a Friday. Could easily be 2 hours or more to the Dartford tunnel alone (before you hit the queue to go through it).
Leaving at 4pm, aiming for 7pm. Hope the travel up there isn't too bad although the journey back should make up for it.

goldstoneseagull

Aug 9, 2017
O/T But is anyone able to let me know if I may be ok taking a rucksack into the ground. Know this would not be an issue for a home game but have read a few things saying for certain aways (Man Utd) they destroy etc. Thanks

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Leaving at 4pm, aiming for 7pm. Hope the travel up there isn't too bad although the journey back should make up for it.

Having chatted to a few locals I'm going to park at the O2 and get the tube across - it's only 3 stops and the journey back home will be far quicker from South of the river. Apparently getting away from Westfield after a game is awful due to road closures etc.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Having chatted to a few locals I'm going to park at the O2 and get the tube across - it's only 3 stops and the journey back home will be far quicker from South of the river. Apparently getting away from Westfield after a game is awful due to road closures etc.

How long is it likely to take to get on a tube to go back post-match though?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How long is it likely to take to get on a tube to go back post-match though?

Apparently (I've got a WHU ST holder colleague) it's a long walk due to the 'crowd control measures' particularly for away fans but the queues move quickly so shouldn't be too bad........I guess having three lines running through Stratford means dispersal is quite quick

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Apparently (I've got a WHU ST holder colleague) it's a long walk due to the 'crowd control measures' particularly for away fans but the queues move quickly so shouldn't be too bad........I guess having three lines running through Stratford means dispersal is quite quick

Yeah, I guess so.

I'd not be fussed if I didn't have my daughter with me who has an early start on Saturday so I want to get her home to bed as quickly as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here