Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] James Wilson

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think he’s got talent but needs to prove himself after injury (and illness?) before he’d become a viable option.

No.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I liked him, but unless he is under the age where he wouldn't take up a squad place than No

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Wasn't there a Jessie Lingard one of these with a similar looking response from the all knowing NSC panel , turns out he's only Englands go to supersub so we got that one right :lolol:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd liken Wilson closely to another over-rated too early, lightweight striker - Patrick Bamford. What these (no longer) kids need is regular first team matches, to toughen up. Like Bamford has, Wilson will need to find his level in the Championship to get those games under his belt.

Going to a side in a Premier League relegation scrap (if any would take him) to get bullied off the ball in the occasional 10 or 15 minute cameo, will just waste yet another half season of his stop-start career.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
No ta

Screen-Shot-2016-01-01-at-151943.png

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
James Wilson is considering a loan deal in January, he did OK for us before he got ill, hopefully now fully recovered, is he worth considering as we now have space for another loan. I think he's worth a go as alternative to Baldock, be good to get in a striker of our own as well.

sicknote replacing a sicknote!

No we have to get quality in to try and keep our place in the PL, either of those won't cut it.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Diogo Jota of Athletic Madrid is the one we should/hope to be looking at. 7 goals in 12 games for Wolves (on loan) already this season and he's only 20 years of age.

Just the sort of striker we need.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Wasn't there a Jessie Lingard one of these with a similar looking response from the all knowing NSC panel , turns out he's only Englands go to supersub so we got that one right :lolol:

I still wouldn't have Lingard back either, he was (and is) bang average. He wouldn't be anywhere NEAR the England squad if he played for one of the PL lesser-lights. As it is, his inclusion only serves to highlight the sheer abject poverty of Englands forward options these days.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well I’m going to buck the trend here and reply in Chinese.

Méi tā mā de fāngshì

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I still wouldn't have Lingard back either, he was (and is) bang average. He wouldn't be anywhere NEAR the England squad if he played for one of the PL lesser-lights. As it is, his inclusion only serves to highlight the sheer abject poverty of Englands forward options these days.

100% THIS.

Apart from that goal against Palace obviously where he went from bang average to absolutely amazing. For a day or two.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
100% THIS.

Apart from that goal against Palace obviously where he went from bang average to absolutely amazing. For a day or two.

Yep.That was a THRONKER

But other than that, he's done naff-all. He's fortunate to get gametime in a very good side. If he was playing for a bottom-half or struggling club, his career would be well and truly on the fritz and he'd probably end up at Derby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here